9Jx19 ET52 Rims on Avant

Aqualea

Reaction score
Been doing a bit of reading and can’t seem to find much information on this spec of wheel fitting on my b8 s-line avant.

The rims are off a TT so the centre bore is too small, however I am looking at a set of hub adapters to change the hub from 66.6 to 57.1.
I think the thinnest one is coming out at 20mm, so basically does anyone know if these would fit or does anyone have any pictures of a similar setup?

There are 255/35/19 tyres on them at the minute but are ditch finders so I am also open to changing them if needed.

Thanks guys!
f0c710aa95e4393246249e64fe8c35d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the 20mm adaptors, this takes your offset to 32, which is broadly the same as the A5/S5 wheels 19 x 9 ET32 / 33 that a few members are running without issues I believe ( on std Sline suspension). At that offset & rim width, with 255 tyres, its borderline poke territory on the fronts ( so it might not be the look you're after ) - seems from what I have read, 245 seems a better choice.

Theres a couple of thread on here and this one I marked previously on Audizine:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/375497-Will-the-19-quot-S5-wheels-fit-on-our-B8-S4-s

I guess having the centre bore machined to 66.6 is an option - but then you'll be looking to need spacers anyway to get the offset to be visually acceptable.

Thanks Gary, very helpful reply. I guess I’ll get these adapters ordered (£210 for 20mm) and then see if I need to change the tyres to 245. I’m guessing I might as I tow a caravan with the car so just to be on the safe side.
The pictures of the s5 wheels in other threads is the look I am wanting, to fill the arches as the standard 18” wheels just look tiny.
I’ll drop a few pictures when I get them fitted!

I'm sure @barkclark and @dimitar.tuntov.5 amongst others are running 19 x 9 ET33 wheels on their A4's Perhaps contact them ( or they may comment in the thread ) to check how they're getting on before finally pushing the button on the adaptors.

Reactions: dimitar.tuntov.5
Thanks Gary, very helpful reply. I guess I’ll get these adapters ordered (£210 for 20mm) and then see if I need to change the tyres to 245. I’m guessing I might as I tow a caravan with the car so just to be on the safe side.
The pictures of the s5 wheels in other threads is the look I am wanting, to fill the arches as the standard 18” wheels just look tiny.
I’ll drop a few pictures when I get them fitted!

Buy the time you pay out for spacers, boring out centre bore etc. you maybe better off just buying a set of A4/A5 ones off ebay. The wheels pictured tend to go relatively cheap, well cheaper than rotors anyway. Just a thought.

JG

Reactions: DieselJake
I have to say, I kind of agree with @JG51 AUD, seems a lot of hassle and extra cost to achieve a similar look had you simply got better fitting wheels...unless you got them dirt cheap?!

Plus with the wheels you have you won’t achieve that concave look that you get with a lower offset (but that’s down to personal preference!).

I’m running 19 x 8.5 ET 32/33 with 255 25 tyres and haven’t experienced any issues with rubbing (apart from this one corner/speed bump round the corner from my house!).

Reactions: RS5 JON
Yea I got the wheels with tyres for £220 so makes sense to pay another £200 to make them fit.
Hopefully all goes smoothly!

yes i'm with Et33 on my B8 . i can show you picture with OEM Et47 8.5J Segment , S5 Segment with Et33 9J and Rotor 9J Et33
Let me know if you want pics but i run the Et33 without any troubles but may be 35 will be a bit better.
If you have to order adaptors - make them down to Et35