997 Turbo wheels on an S3?

I love the internet Boxster haters, most of them who's opinion has been formed from listening to Jeremy Clarkson for to many years and zero experience of actually owning one!

I would agree with that, it is apparently the sweeter/balanced handling car but "it's not a 911" lol. A 911 is more desirable but it is a good chunk more expensive too!! Apparently an LSD was kept from the Cayman S as it would have made it quicker round a track than a base 911/

I love the internet Boxster haters, most of them who's opinion has been formed from listening to Jeremy Clarkson for to many years and zero experience of actually owning one!

I quite agree with you Lee. I owned a Boxster a few years back and loved it to pieces! Poor mans Porsche my ****. I spent about 6k on that car just servicing and repairing it in two years! Awesome car to drive and own.

Not so mate,it was meant in jest,one of my best mates has one,i even helped pick it for him,test drove it
Driven it many times and i think for a cheap runner, 2nd hand they are great value for money,and quite nippy.

Still not a 911 though :laugh:

PORSCHE WHEELS???? ON A AUDI??? WHATEVER NEXT!!! Honestly some people! ha ha ha.

Hey, c'mon now...

There's no need to resort to abuse.

It was a joke. It was clever. It was an accurate spoonerism, and it was based on the fact that you mis-spelled 'pics'.

It works on several levels. Anyone can see the precise unaltered original post immediately preceding it, so there's no way that I'm making out that you said something which you didn't.

...but if you want to resort to abuse, nothing is achieved. -I could select from a thousand insults to reply with, and then you could do the same, and the ante keeps raising until it's just unpleasant to visit the thread...

...OR...

You could just appreciate that it's a joke.

Your call.

....????

The only alternative alloys that one shoudl put on an S3 are MTM Bimotos!

You've been told!!!!

M

Some people understand the whole OEM+, some don't. My girlfriend comes from a Jap background (crappy Civic's and the like) and she couldn't understand why people put porsche/bently/merc wheels on VW's and stuff.

My old golf had Merc wheels on for a while:

3458861773_3d990053f3.jpg

3458863151_7128eef446.jpg

People at work never really got it either but nevermind :)

I think bentley wheels on Audi's are amazing, and I would love a set, but I do quite like the newer OEM Audi wheels aswell, and as I cant really be bothered with the whole show car thing, I doubt my car will see a set of Bentleys however much I like them.

Where are the pics?

A thread this long deserves the pictures to show them in the flesh!

Sorry guys move to another appartement and stil dont have internetconn there...

Ive made a few quick ones..

DSC_0295Large.jpg

DSC_0283Large.jpg

DSC_0261Large.jpg

DSC_0266Large.jpg

DSC_0270Large.jpg

DSC_0277Large.jpg

DSC_0281Large-1.jpg

Im happy ;)

That does indeed look spectacular. Very impressive!!!! :o.k:

Mate, they certainly look as good as I was hoping they would.

Infact,good is not the word to use, outstanding is better!!

Looks the absolute dangles !!!!

yeah echo the other comments, they look awesome!

.................some people on here wont get the idea of Porsche wheels on an Audi but thats another story!!

Told the "haters" id pull it off , lol

Thanks guys for the nice comments... they look even better in the flesh than on the pics..

Ok, I have to change my opinion, marginnall and conditionally, in that your Porsche alloys look fcuking awesome! However ... they've still got the "Porsche" center caps so you're not quite getting a 10/10 from me ... yet! Lol

Nice one mate

i love it, love the wheels, love the centrecaps :icon_thumright:

Whats wrong with the Bora sitting on the 997's? :ninja:

The Porsche caps are on them because there Porsche wheels...(I might swap them for some Toyota caps now reading this)

To answer your question: Theres a red S3 with some reps on which would give you a good idea on what they look like.

O and by the way im deffinatly a 'chav'! You can see me 'Chaving it up' in the grey Tshirt in the backround.

I wasn't sure what to expect because theres loads of VAG's over here with merc replicas etc that most of look like damm all but this thing defiantly pulls them off

Nice Work :happy: