997 Turbo wheels on an S3?

:laugh: In my personal opinion, I don't think the Bentley wheels are chav at all, they are still VAG, and from the classiest part from VAG, they look classy, and on the right car/colour/stance, they work.....so you get the thumbs up from me Jules :arco:

And the thumbs up from me :arco:

It s good that we all have different opinions otherwise we would all drive our cars looking
the same.
I think the porsche wheels could look good, But i didn't realise bentleys were chav

****** hell,i am going to have to go out and buy me some burberry :lmfao:

Oi YOU what you doing here ;) LOL bentley wheels are classed as chav...hmm there goes my next idea out the window lol

Oi YOU what you doing here ;) LOL bentley wheels are classed as chav...hmm there goes my next idea out the window lol

Alright Mate,i need to keep up to date with the a3 aswell lol,I have even tried the bentleys on the rs4,looked good but need big spacers to sit nice

I will amaze you guys.... mark my words... Pics this weekend! ;)

I will amaze you guys.... mark my words... Pics this weekend! ;)

Don't tar us all with the same brush,i said they would look good,the reason i know is i have seen them
on my mates black a3 :icon_thumright:

The Porsche wheels should look good but don't run them with Porsche centre caps, it just looks like some kind of bizarre statement is trying to be made. Very few people see the connection with the Porsche and Bentley (especially Bentley!).

I would defo run the porsche badge,it is not that you are trying to make a statement,it is just that
they are porsche wheels and they are the correct centres.

Is it as "cool" to run BMW wheels c/w BMW centre cap for example? I guess it would not be!

There is no logic/sense IMO in displaying a badge from another marque on the car...trying to associate the car with something it is not. It's all a bit cringeworthy for me!

Is it as "cool" to run BMW wheels c/w BMW centre cap for example? I guess it would not be!

There is no logic/sense IMO in displaying a badge from another marque on the car...trying to associate the car with something it is not. It's all a bit cringeworthy for me!

well you cringe very easily lol,
I would fit any make or model alloy to my car if i thinked that it looked good,and yes EVEN a bmw wheel.
I think it is even worse to fit a different make alloy and then badge it as an audi one,what is the point of that.

Anyway i suppose we will have to agree to differ but thats the fun in modding if you like to mod :icon_thumright:

Yes they look nice, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make really. Even if they fit you could put them on but leaving the centre cap from the originating car doesn't make sense to me; the wheel badges are just like the other badges on the car like the boot/grill; AUDI A3!! The centre caps are AUDI badges because the car they're on is an Audi, otherwise leave them plain IMO.

The only exception to this is with brake calipers which have an embossed logo (ie PORSCHE / LAMBO etc). Extra cool points for this :laugh:

...So...

Bentley are apparently 'VAG' wheels...

...But Porsche aren't, somehow?

:tocktock:

Well when the 997 Turbo Mk1 came out, Porsche owned a chunk of VW, rather than the current position.... not sure if that makes any difference!?

Yes they look nice, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make really. Even if they fit you could put them on but leaving the centre cap from the originating car doesn't make sense to me; the wheel badges are just like the other badges on the car like the boot/grill; AUDI A3!! The centre caps are AUDI badges because the car they're on is an Audi, otherwise leave them plain IMO.

The only exception to this is with brake calipers which have an embossed logo (ie PORSCHE / LAMBO etc). Extra cool points for this :laugh:

yep kind of agree there, if you want a Porsche badge on your car...buy a Porsche, otherwise it looks like you've bought the only bit of the car you can't afford just to have the badge!

Last edited:
I think its just one of those things, you either understand OEM+ or you dont!

Its more likely that people want to show whats possible with a bit of thought and not just follow the heard of BBS lovers. The whole craze of switching to different brand wheels come about from people in the "scene" being bored with going to shows and seeing the ever so boring and entirely predictable BBS brigade. Anything BBS just isnt worth a second look at VAG shows these days unless you do something interesting.....like paint them purple!.......There are some crazy guys out there!

I understand the sentiment Lee and the desire for people to be a bit different, that's fair enough I guess.

What gets me about the show scene is a lot of people would turn their noses up at seeing a 997 Turbo or Bentley at such places, but it's seen as "cool" and "euro" if you put the 997 or Bentley wheels on an A3 or Golf.

What gets me about the show scene is a lot of people would turn their noses up at seeing a 997 Turbo or Bentley at such places, but it's seen as "cool" and "euro" if you put the 997 or Bentley wheels on an A3 or Golf.

I disagree, having seen Porsches, Lambo's etc. at VAG shows, I'd say they actually get a lot of respect.

I disagree, having seen Porsches, Lambo's etc. at VAG shows, I'd say they actually get a lot of respect.

I'm only speaking from experience, I used to attend quite a few shows with my brother and his mate, fine in a Type 3, not so fine in a Porsche...unless it was an old rusty example from the 60s painted in red lead primer!

I'm only speaking from experience, I used to attend quite a few shows with my brother and his mate, fine in a Type 3, not so fine in a Porsche...unless it was an old rusty example from the 60s painted in red lead primer!

I think things move on... also depends on the show.

I agree with pete,at ultimate dubs last
week there was a ferrari and porsche
and both got loads of attention.
At the end of the day people should fit
whatever wheels that they like and if
other people like them that's a bonus.
Or shall we all just fit rs4 and rs6 reps
with nice Audi centre badges ;)

I agree with pete,at ultimate dubs last
week there was a ferrari and porsche
and both got loads of attention.
At the end of the day people should fit
whatever wheels that they like and if
other people like them that's a bonus.
Or shall we all just fit rs4 and rs6 reps
with nice Audi centre badges ;)

So tell me why this sort of behaviour is seen as tacky.....

R8_BM_2-L.jpg

Yet this kind of behaviour is "original"....

DSC00274.jpg

I'm not trying to poo poo the whole idea, but I honestly do fail to see the difference

Surely a badge on the wrong car is the same whether it's on the bonnet, boot, steering wheel, or centre caps?

So tell me why this sort of behaviour is seen as tacky.....

R8_BM_2-L.jpg

Yet this kind of behaviour is "original"....

DSC00274.jpg

I'm not trying to poo poo the whole idea, but I honestly do fail to see the difference

Surely a badge on the wrong car is the same whether it's on the bonnet, boot, steering wheel, or centre caps?

The badging is a joke, surely. Not tacky.

The TT looks great :) Bentleys FTW :rock:

I honestly don't get it,to me a set of wheels that look good on any car,look good regardless
of what brand or make they are.
But obviouly to some people it must offend them,regarding the r8 i think thats funny,someone
obviously has a good sence of humour

Thats my mates old TT! where you get that pic from fella?

The badging is a joke...but the TT looks awesome...everyone has different tastes...thats all it boils down to ;)

Thats my mates old TT! where you get that pic from fella?

The badging is a joke...but the TT looks awesome...everyone has different tastes...thats all it boils down to ;)

Yeah f*ck the rest of these losers, you me and Nate know what makes sense :)

I honestly don't get it,to me a set of wheels that look good on any car,look good regardless
of what brand or make they are.
But obviouly to some people it must offend them,regarding the r8 i think thats funny,someone
obviously has a good sence of humour

Its not the look of the wheels so much, it's the badge, I agree some of these wheels look great. But wearing a badge from a more upmarket brand on your car.......It's no different to ironing a Nike logo onto a t-shirt from Primark.

Its not the look of the wheels so much, it's the badge, I agree some of these wheels look great. But wearing a badge from a more upmarket brand on your car.......It's no different to ironing a Nike logo onto a t-shirt from Primark.

More like wearing a nice Duchamp tie with a M&S suit. It can work. It's all down to having the class to pull it off :)

So your comparing an audi to primark lol
I run bentleys on the A3 and its not really possible to change the centres without looking *****
and on the rs4 i run bmw fitment bbs's but with bbs centres,and i only chose the bmw fitment
because the alloys come with a nice curved face and 9.5" wide,which doesn't come in audi fitment.
so i should not go for the wheels that i think look nice because they don't have a audi badge.

It would be so boring if we all ran the same few style of audi wheels