99' A4 1.8tqs decat/downpipe Q's

deejay

Reaction score
Anyone out there running a performance downpipe on their 1.8t motor? This coming week i'm about to change the actuator on my flagging quattro... She's seen a max of 2 PSi in the 2 months i've owned it.
Anyway... At the same time i'll be fitting my stainless pipe and since the cat is gonna have to be undone to get the blower off i'm toying with the idea of changing to a decat AND a large bore downpipe...
What i was wondering was is there much gain to be seen with these mods? If you've got a downpipe what make is it and where did you get it? I'm pretty set on the decat i'm gonna get.

Cheers guys, Dean. :arco:

running a THS decat pipe which is good, the gaskets that came with it weren't brilliant so i swapped them for genuine audi ones and they've been ok. bit fidderly to get the rear bolt to the turbo done up due to lack of space, so bolt up before you fit turbo back on if possible.

haven't seen any downpipes (furthur back from cat), not that i've really been looking, most exhausts seem to start way done the system, i think i may just get a custom job built.

Milltek do a DP mate but my exhaust is 3 inch and a milltek is only 2+3/4 inch... I spose i could adapt it to fit but then it would go 3 inch decat-2+3/4 inch DP- 3inch system... I was wondering if anyone had any other makes? I did hear of one from the US but i can't remember what it was called now.:wacko: