99 2.8 Quattro - Sport suspension standard ?

• Thread starter imported_Legrath
  • Start date
I

imported_Legrath

Hi,

Does anyone know if a 99 (facelift model) 2.8 Quattro would come with Sports suspension as standard ?

I viewed one this weekend, but The Dealer (non-audi franchise) was unable to confirm if it had it, but said they would find out.

I checked finger gap in the front, and I could fit 3.5 fingers in the front wheel arch gap.

Thanks

I have a 98.5 A4 2.8 quattro sport model. Check out the steering wheel. A sport model has a three point steering wheel with the red audi-sport emblem on the bottom. Also, look at your shocks. If they are red, it is the sport suspension. And the last thing is your wheels. If you still have the stock wheels and it is a sport model, they should be 16" 7 spoke wheels. Regular A4 Wheels are 5 spoke 15" wheels. Hope this helps.

I've got a post-facelift 99 2.8 Quattro Tiptronic, and that's got sports suspension. It sits noticeably lower than my previous non-sports A4, and rides harder, generating more road roar into the bargain. It also has the 3-spoke wheel with red audi-sport emblem, just as ga4blake said, but I think he's a little adrift with his comments about the wheels. If I remember rightly, the only A4s to have 15inch wheels were the bog-standard 1.6, early 1.8 non-turbos and the 1.9TDI (90bhp version). All others have 16inch (at least) alloys in a variety of different designs. Mine has the five-spoke "Competition" design.

15 inch rims on a 98 1.8T? I'm amazed (& stand corrected) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif