1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

98 S4 Bose rear shelf speakers and sub problem

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by stapo69, May 10, 2009.

1. stapo69

stapo69 All hail the mighty quattro!

[May 10, 2009]
    I have he full amped 10 speaker Bose set up in my 1998 S4. Just noticed yesterday the rear shelf speakers and sub have stopped working but I still have the front and rear doors working.

They all worked before and I have the correct ISO connector to run it all properly.

Cannot see why just these would stop working but not the rest?

Any ideas anyone?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 25, 2014]

3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[May 10, 2009]
    Are you running an aftermarket HU then?
  4. stapo69

[May 10, 2009]
    I am yes. But they were all working fine for ages with an aftermarket HU
  5. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[May 10, 2009]
    Well the rear deck woofers do run off their own channels on the Bose amp, so either the speakers are fried (easy to test with a multimeter or AA battery), or the Bose amp for those channels is fried. Unlikely it's a connection issue as both have stopped working together. When you fade to rear I presume you would have got both the doors and the rear deck, i.e. the HU rear channels are feeding both?
    When you say the sub has stopped as well, I thought the rear deck woofers acted as the subs on the saloon, i.e. 10 speaker system, 2 front door woofers + 2 tweeters, 2 rear door woofers + 2 tweeters and then 2 rear deck woofers = 10 speakers
    [​IMG]
  6. stapo69

[May 11, 2009]
    Yeah when you fade to the rear you get all rear speakers. I thought the system had front doors, woofers and tweeters (4), rear doors and rear deck (4), and 2 small subs in an enclosure in the boot. But could be wrong. Thanks for circuit diagram, I'll test the speakers and the output from the amp, I'm guessing it's a blown channel in the amp. As both speakers went together. I'll see what I come up with.