'96 B5 Codes (1.9TDI 1Z) Scan results (Lack of power)

J

jonnycraig

Hi, heres what VAGCOM brought up.

Car seems turboless at the minute, still gets up to motorway speeds but takes a while!

IMHO the Catalytic convertor is knackered as blocking the exhause pipe.

5 Faults Found:
00575 - Intake Manifold Pressure - If the Cat was broken up would this do it? (Can I deCat it and still pass MOT?)
17-10 - Control Difference - Intermittent

00741 - Brake Pedal Monitoring -This one was existing from the last time I scanned, need to replace brake switch
27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

65535 - Internal Control Module Memory Error - ????
00-00 - -

17978 - Engine Start Blocked by Immobilizer -Immob light was flashing during tests, key out and in sorts this most times.
P1570 - 35-00 - -

00553 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70) - I did this, unplugging / reseating the MAF
31-10 - Open or Short to Ground - Intermittent

Im afraid to clear the codes and see what ones stay behind as was told that cause the car is in limp mode now it may not start after clearing as it presumes its in the garage lol?

Cheers

Jonny

If you search the net with those codes you'll find some answers, ideally you should clear them & then drive & rescan.

• [SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]The measured values must be printed out or read (2nd person required) when the revolutions reach 3,000 rpm.

→ Indicated on display:
Read measured value block 11 "
3340 rpm 1830 mbar 1850 mbar 68 %

Display zoneDisplay on V.A.G 1551/1552Possible cause(s) of faultFault remedy
1 =
Engine speed
2850...3150 rpmOK---
2 =
Charge pressure (specified)
1900...2000 mbarOK---

Display zoneDisplay on V.A.G 1551/1552Possible cause(s) of faultFault remedy
3 =
Charge pressure (actual)
1700...2500 mbarOK---
Below 1700 mbarCharge pressure control defective- Check charge pressure control
=> Page 23-67
Turbocharger defective
Charge pressure hose not connected to control unit- Connect charge pressure hose
Above 2500 mbarTurbocharger defective- Check charge pressure control
=> Page 23-67
4 =
Duty cycle from charge pressure control valve

do a test drive with the driver, you read a real values in the channel 11, 10 and save the logs and attach
before the test drive, delete all memory errors

45...94 %OK---

Dunno if this helps anyone understand whats happening, lack of funds are stopping me taking it to a garage so need to find out as much as possible so I can just tell them whats wrong rather than waste money and time getting them to diagnose it as well. I was told that the yellow line should follow the green closely as for what it means .. no idea lol!

Cheers

Jonny

Measuring block 11 - VagScope
Measuring block 11