96 A4 avant 1.9tdi, leaking radiator

BennyM1987

Reaction score
Hey there guys! Im a newbie to the forum. I have not long owned a 1.9tdi a4 avant. Shes an old dog with a set of problems which are all on the list to do after my final year of uni, i digress...... Anyway the more pressing issue is this, i replaced the thermostat and coolant before coming back, everything was going sweet, until yesterday morning when i went outside and noticed a small wet patch under front passenger side directly under the radiator/intercooler. At first i thought it was the tap on the radiator, but on a closer inspection have realised it is a rubber gromit or bung of some description on the bottom of the radiator under the tap. Im not looking to do any fiddly jobs or replacing anything whilst on my final year as time and money is a major issue. My question is, would k-seal or radweld sort a leak down there or am i just pouring my money away lol? Just unsure if that would fix a leak at a leaky rubber or not and wondered if anybody on here has seen this particular leak before? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Cheers guys!! Benny