8V VCDS Mods

On my ‘18 RS3, the security code for module 13 doesn’t seem to work... I’m using 14117, does anybody have an updated security code?

Thanks!

But can you perform it remotely? Because im really want it on my VC :)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk
Unfortunately not, and I cannot explain why without giving away the information that I don’t want to make public lol.

Unfortunately not, and I cannot explain why without giving away the information that I don’t want to make public lol.
Ok. Thnx for the reply! I understand that you can't give away the information.

Reactions: DJAlix
Hmmm question to all Facelift guys out there ......

Anyone managed correct coding for rear DRL's / Scandinavian lights ? - I have it kind of working but the number plate illumination is also on so for all intense and purposes I've actually just enabled side lights !!!!

Hmmm question to all Facelift guys out there ......

Anyone managed correct coding for rear DRL's / Scandinavian lights ? - I have it kind of working but the number plate illumination is also on so for all intense and purposes I've actually just enabled side lights !!!!
Om every FL i saw, DRL rear was standard.....

Try channel 23sl and 24sl.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Om every FL i saw, DRL rear was standard.....

Try channel 23sl and 24sl.

I think you are correct for FL A3 but I’m trying to do this on a FL Golf. Maybe an A3 09 admap would be useful to compare against ?

I think you are correct for FL A3 but I’m trying to do this on a FL Golf. Maybe an A3 09 admap would be useful to compare against ?

Rob have you tried the alternate DRL option in 09 ?

No mate - what is that ?? ;o)

In here there are 2 sets of DRL settings.

It’s been suggested 1 turns the rears off and the other is DRLs Front & rear.

Last edited by a moderator:
In here there are 2 sets of DRL settings.

It’s been suggested 1 turns the rears off and the other is DRLs Front & rear.

Ah gotcha- do you have the coding to hand at all ?

I’ve tried line ENG116593 which when active puts rear DRLs on but also with number plate lights.

Also tried ENG116317, ENG116336, ENG116374 & ENG116393 set to daytime running lights but that didn’t work.

I’ve tried line ENG116593 which when active puts rear DRLs on but also with number plate lights.

Also tried ENG116317, ENG116336, ENG116374 & ENG116393 set to daytime running lights but that didn’t work.

Have you tried this? This should work for the facelift Golf.

Select Control Unit 09 (Central Electrics)
Security access
Access Code 31347
Adaptations
Select: Aussenlicht_Front
Select: Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Standlicht
Value: Active (orginal inactive)

PM’d it you Rob.

So, I received my OBDELEVEN.

Unlocked chim on unlock/locking (somehow this disabled my auto mirror folding which I had to activate again from my MMI)

G meter working fine

Engine data was activated too (torque & force), however it doesn't move at all, stays at zero value. Anyone can advice if there's anyway to make it work?

First time using it so I didn't dare to play around too much. Stopped the moment I see the g force and torque force on my dash!

Just read all 74 pages! Its a really good thread, done some mods on my girlfriends A3.
@DJAlix Its a shame people have been abusing your file as i was looking forwarding to following it.

Just read all 74 pages! Its a really good thread, done some mods on my girlfriends A3.
@DJAlix Its a shame people have been abusing your file as i was looking forwarding to following it.
Am gonna be publishing all the "well known" mods to my website in the new year, so there will be something to follow :)

Reactions: martinlop, mr gee, pns2007 and 1 other person
I coded in oil temp display the other day and it shows up in the display but its just a set of dashes and no temp, have i done something wrong?

I coded in oil temp display the other day and it shows up in the display but its just a set of dashes and no temp, have i done something wrong?

Is the engine on and warm?

I don't think mine shows a temperature until it reaches 50 degrees C - until then it shows the dashes.

Reactions: kevpuk and oli356

It'll show up like this until it reaches 60°C, it's completely normal.

Img 0800 d811d0df1de7d917d5ab133f1b7b6698882d6961

Does anybody know how to add the full phone menu to the virtual cockpit? Here in NA we get only the partial menu with no text messaging options

IMG 20171230 121617 768x1024

Is there any update on rear parking sensors and visual parking display on the FL
Have been investigating and my first to attempts to get this working failed. I have a new possible solution but require a car to test with. If anyone would like to be a test case am more than happy to code additional mods in exchange for some time with your vehicle.

*should there be any issues I am fully able to restore your vehicles configurations as I have full "authorised" use of the official VW Group coding tool.

Reactions: T-800
Hi guys, is anyone here that can help me with adaptation list for bcm , for an 8v , sportback with xenon headlights and normal taillights? Tnx a lot

RS3 8V 16 Plate, can the rear lights be set to work as daytime running lights please?.
Yup. The coding would be within this thread as it was one of the first "features" found, but to save you searching:

09 > security access code 31347 > adaptations > channels:
  • Leuchte23SL HLC10 light function D23
  • Leuchte24SL HRA65 light function D24
Set both to Daytime running light. There are two options listed. Test both but I think the topmost option is what you need.

Who is the normal mm at oil fill level in vcds??
(Audi A3 8V 1.6 TDI)

Last edited:
I'm really having a hard time coding my DRL's. I've searched everywhere and now I may have located the problem. It's like none of the below light functions are enabled which means the data I input doesn't change anything.
All my lights are working and dimming as they should while blinking e.g. despite the fact that there is no dimming values entered in the below.

Anyone having a clue why it's like that and if I'm able to just fill in the data and then have the possibility to customise my values?

This is how my code looks:
Code:
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimming Direction CD 2,maximize
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimming Direction EF 2,maximize
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimming Direction GH 2,maximize
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert AB 2,127
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert CD 2,0
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert EF 2,0
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert GH 2,0
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 2,61
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lampendefektbitposition 2,00
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lasttyp 2,36 - LED Kleinleistung
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtansteuerung HD AB 2,Always
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion B 2,not active
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion C 2,not active
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion D 2,not active
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion E 2,not active
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion F 2,not active
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion G 2,not active
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion H 2,not active

This is more or less how I think it should look (taken from a TTS):
Code:
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimming Direction GH 2,minimize
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert AB 2,28
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert CD 2,28
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert EF 2,100
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 2,4A
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lampendefektbitposition 2,48
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lasttyp 2,4 - LED Tagfahrlichtmodul Signal
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion A 2,Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht Positionslicht Begrenzungslicht)
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion B 2,Parklicht links (beidseitiges Parklicht aktiviert li & re)
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion C 2,Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion D 2,nicht aktiv
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion E 2,Tagfahrlicht
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion F 2,nicht aktiv
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion G 2,Blinken links aktiv (beide Phasen)
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion H 2,nicht aktiv

I know a little German and found some more information using this link: https://www.motor-talk.de/blogs/tba...-leuchtenkonfiguration-erklaert-t5039426.html

I'm really having a hard time coding my DRL's. I've searched everywhere and now I may have located the problem. It's like none of the below light functions are enabled which means the data I input doesn't change anything.
All my lights are working and dimming as they should while blinking e.g. despite the fact that there is no dimming values entered in the below.

Anyone having a clue why it's like that and if I'm able to just fill in the data and then have the possibility to customise my values?

This is how my code looks:
Code:
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimming Direction GH 2,maximize
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert AB 2,127
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert CD 2,0
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert EF 2,0
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 2,61
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lampendefektbitposition 2,00
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lasttyp 2,36 - LED Kleinleistung
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion B 2,not active
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion C 2,not active
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion D 2,not active
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion E 2,not active
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion F 2,not active
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion G 2,not active
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion H 2,not active

This is more or less how I think it should look (taken from a TTS):
Code:
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimming Direction GH 2,minimize
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert AB 2,28
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert CD 2,28
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert EF 2,100
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 2,4A
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lampendefektbitposition 2,48
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lasttyp 2,4 - LED Tagfahrlichtmodul Signal
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion A 2,Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht Positionslicht Begrenzungslicht)
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion B 2,Parklicht links (beidseitiges Parklicht aktiviert li & re)
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion C 2,Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion D 2,nicht aktiv
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion E 2,Tagfahrlicht
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion F 2,nicht aktiv
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion G 2,Blinken links aktiv (beide Phasen)
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion H 2,nicht aktiv

I know a little German and found some more information using this link: https://www.motor-talk.de/blogs/tba...-leuchtenkonfiguration-erklaert-t5039426.html
Dimming functions for facelift LED Daytime Running Lights are no longer within 09. Which VCDS cable are you using?

You got to be kidding... I'm using OBD11 so should be up to date.
lol Although OBDevelen is kinda good, if you are wanting to work with facelift vehicles I would advise getting a VCDS Hex V2 or Hex Net cable / interface.

alex do you know the coding to adjust the "throttle response behavior"?

its supposed to allow us to move it from "gradual, controlled by time" to "direct, controlled by threshold".

fyi, this option is available through carista.

alex do you know the coding to adjust the "throttle response behavior"?

its supposed to allow us to move it from "gradual, controlled by time" to "direct, controlled by threshold".

fyi, this option is available through carista.
To be honest no as the adaptation has never showed up in an AdpMap for offline working. I have an annual subscription but now have the Carista beta so will work it out as I have a pedal box at the moment and wanted to compare.

IMG 2548

Reactions: oli356