8V VCDS Mods

@Phil-1 once this is done - you get a checkbox in the MMI in the location listed above by @DJAlix
Ticking the checkbox puts the wipers up into the service position, un-ticking puts them back down.

It means you don't have to mess about turning the engine on & off then flicking the wiper stalk up and down to get them into the service position.
Used to take me a couple of attempts - but not anymore.

Thanks
Will get it added to my list.

One thing I wonder if your knowledgeable VCDS chaps would like to look at....
With ACC and s-tronic the car will move forward automatically when the car in front moves when you are in a traffic queue. This happens if the car is stopped for less than three minutes. If it is stopped for more than 3 mins then you have to pull the ACC lever towards the steering wheel or tap the accelerator. It would be rather nice if the driver programmable '*' button on the steering wheel could be set up to do this.

I'm looking for that ACC VCDS mod too although the time to reactivate is nearer 4 seconds, not 3 minutes.
Yes I realise now I meant 3 secs not 3 mins. Would be great if it could be controlled from the steering wheel.

Yeah, here's hoping someone finds a way to add more options to the * button and even better, add more time to the ACC cut-off.

If someone with ACC can supply me with their auto scan and adaptation maps, or fancies meeting up, I can have a dig around to see what's possible.

Reactions: Martinbanshee
If someone with ACC can supply me with their auto scan and adaptation maps, or fancies meeting up, I can have a dig around to see what's possible.
I've sent you a PM.

Update on the ACC stuffs.

Sorry it's been a while, real life has a habit of getting in the way of fun stuffs!

The chap from the RossTech forum could not supply me with his adaptation map in the end as it came up empty when completed. Either the module is not yet fully supported by VCDS or it only uses Bit codings with no label files. Not had a chance to test it myself but a new version of VCDS has since been released which, I am informed by a RossTech employee, has big updates for MQB cars. I have asked the forum chap if he would be kind enough to try and dump the adaptations with the new 15.7.

Will keep you updated.

Is it possible to retrofit the hold assist?

i try....but i don't have the security access!!!!

Is it possible to retrofit the hold assist?

i try....but i don't have the security access!!!!
Just replied to your private message on the RossTech forums, but for anyone else that might be interested in Auto Hold, or changes within the ABS Brakes Module (bar TPMS which can be long coded):

I have not tried to configure Auto Hold as it's a feature that I have not wanted myself, but from reading other forums I have seen that changes within module 03, Adaptation Changes, require a different security access code per channel - example:
  • Auto Hold = 12345
  • Brake Drying = 67890
  • Hill start assistant = 685947
So far I have collected the following codes but have not mapped them to their channels due to the works involved:
  • 25004 - For Brake Booster adaptation ONLY
Unless something has changed in the new VCDS v15.7 the only way to try and configure what you are wanting would be to test each code and if the module locks out, wait for it to reset before trying again.

Reactions: quinnii
i have a vcds 15.7 but i don't have a time for test!next week i try....!
I tried it with 20103 and 40168 without success . Next week I'll try it yourself with these lists

Is it possible to get the codes on the rear taillights from someone in the UK?
Here in the US we have all red lights including indicators which, being English, I hate so just ordered a full set off someone on ebay in Holland for €350 for the amber indicators. Looking on other forums for other models (Q7) it seems there's coding required but may be plug and play or may need new connectors. If someone can shoot me their codes for the rears I can compare to mine and see what if anything is different. May help others over here who want to do the same then I'll do a write up on a separate thread. Cheers!

Is it possible to get the codes on the rear taillights from someone in the UK?
Here in the US we have all red lights including indicators which, being English, I hate so just ordered a full set off someone on ebay in Holland for €350 for the amber indicators. Looking on other forums for other models (Q7) it seems there's coding required but may be plug and play or may need new connectors. If someone can shoot me their codes for the rears I can compare to mine and see what if anything is different. May help others over here who want to do the same then I'll do a write up on a separate thread. Cheers!
Are your replacement rear clusters LED?

Has anyone figured a way to disable or modify the annoying lane assist warning, that tells you to take control of the car and deactivates the lane assist after 14 seconds (I think). This kicks in a couple of times a day for me on straight stretches of motorway when I'm still holding the wheel but the system hasn't detected any driver steering inputs.

I believe the setting is in control module 13, but my laptop is out of action at the moment so haven't been able to take a look.

Anyone in either the Wakefield WF5 or Crowle DN17 area with VCD's?

Home for a Long Weekend

In programs and features do you have the Ross-Tech USB Driver Package listed?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 17.43.37.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 17.43.37.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 268
Thats the issue then. It should ask you to install them after installing VCDS, as a Device Driver Installation Wizard.

Only thing I can think of, as I am not really a windows guy, would be to uninstalled VCDS via programs and features, then look through your HD and manually remove any RossTech related stuffs and try installing again.

It could, as it's new, be a Windows 10 issue also...

Hi all - can anyone here do the VCDS mod to unlock features and hidden menu's etc? (64 plate S3)

I'm North West area. I used a very helpful chap near Preston (I think) for my A5 but lost his number.

Willing to pay. Cheers