8V VCDS Mods

Earlier in this thread it mentions visual confirmation of comfort closing, what exactly is this? Couldn't see anything saying
Finally worked it out:

Press and Hold the Key Fob Lock Button in order to close all the windows (and sunroof), and you get a "single" flash from the alarm (to inform you that the car is locked). Once all windows (and roof) have closed you get another "single" flash to let you know you can release the Lock Button.

If you have the Acoustic Alarm activated you get a "single" flash and beep on starting the close but NO beep on the confirmation of closure flash.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and RedTurtle
Does anyone know if their is a VCDS mod that will switch OFF the front packing sensors. I have the volume these set to minimum and they still beep. I don't ever use them and they beep away every time I get the car out of the garage and then again when my powered garage door closes and again as my wife walks in front of the car to get to the passenger door. I know there is a switch on the dash but I would prefer that they were OFF all the time.

why did you even order tha parking sensors?

Another question.
especially @veeeight
Is it legal if, when you turn for example your left indicator on, then the DRL of the left side went off only during the time that the indication was on?

In LED headlights the proper DRL is the indicator so its off during the indication time so in some way i think it should be legal.

Reactions: lucas-suisse

At the time of ordering I thought they might be useful. A bit like I ordered Hold Assist but now I think both of them are more trouble that they are worth. Switching off Hold Assist is easy because once switched off it stays off.

Another question.
especially @veeeight
Is it legal if, when you turn for example your left indicator on, then the DRL of the left side went off only during the time that the indication was on?

In LED headlights the proper DRL is the indicator so its off during the indication time so in some way i think it should be legal.

Not certain 100% but would imagine it to be legal when in DRL mode as once in dipped beam it's reduced power anyway. Do you know the coding for alternate indicator / DRL blinking instead of indicator / DRL off ? I've thought about this and remember seeing something similar for the Leon.

I'm almost sure that it can be done via VCDS but I only worked out the one mentioned above to turn off DRL when the indicators came on.
Also affects with coming leaving home. But ATM i'm liking it.

Not legal to have the DRL flash alternately with the indicator.

The DRL must be off for the duration (ON and OFF cycle) that the indicator is on.

See
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/8v-vcds-mods.206515/page-16#post-2350823

Reactions: Rob2k68
Does anyone know if their is a VCDS mod that will switch OFF the front packing sensors. I have the volume these set to minimum and they still beep. I don't ever use them and they beep away every time I get the car out of the garage and then again when my powered garage door closes and again as my wife walks in front of the car to get to the passenger door. I know there is a switch on the dash but I would prefer that they were OFF all the time.

Had a dig around last night while trying to activate the oil level menu (CAR Systems) and could not find anything obvious that related to Front Sensors only at the moment, but then I only spent about 15mins looking. TBH probably gonna have to wait until more items are labeled and translated to english.

Reactions: veeeight
Guys i've had reasonable success using the Google Translate app on my iphone which uses the camera and augmented reality to give a live translation. Not every word is translated but probably enough to find what you're after.

Reactions: Phil-1
Finally worked it out:

Press and Hold the Key Fob Lock Button in order to close all the windows (and sunroof), and you get a "single" flash from the alarm (to inform you that the car is locked). Once all windows (and roof) have closed you get another "single" flash to let you know you can release the Lock Button.

If you have the Acoustic Alarm activated you get a "single" flash and beep on starting the close but NO beep on the confirmation of closure flash.

Excellent thank you I've just activated this its channel (5)Acknowledgement signals-Optische Rueckmeldung Komfortschliessen.

Do you know if there is the equivalent for comfort opening ?

Excellent thank you I've just activated this its channel (5)Acknowledgement signals-Optische Rueckmeldung Komfortschliessen.

Do you know if there is the equivalent for comfort opening ?

A confirmation "flash" when fully opened... Not really looked to be honest but will later tonight when I am next plugged in.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Has anyone found any VCDS tweaks for the sunroof?

Specifically I was looking for one touch to fully tilt.

I always struggle to find the right point between the tilt and the slide stages, and I'm sure this was tweakable on a Golf and past Audi.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Guys
today my friend tried change two settings in my 2015 s3 saloon. He hooked VAG COM PRO with car without problems but when he tried to chang settings( oil temp on all dis) ECU asked him for password. Is this normal or only with VCDS 15.3.0 I will not have problems with password. Any idea?

Has anyone found any VCDS tweaks for the sunroof?

Specifically I was looking for one touch to fully tilt.

I always struggle to find the right point between the tilt and the slide stages, and I'm sure this was tweakable on a Golf and past Audi.

Any thoughts or ideas?
Mine has this by default built in to the switch by default. You can push of pull softly or push / pull past the "click" point and then let go.

Guys
today my friend tried change two settings in my 2015 s3 saloon. He hooked VAG COM PRO with car without problems but when he tried to chang settings( oil temp on all dis) ECU asked him for password. Is this normal or only with VCDS 15.3.0 I will not have problems with password. Any idea?
Set Oil Temperature on all DIS Menus

[17] Instruments
Go to Long Coding
Byte 10, Bit 1. Display Oil Temperature
Tick Box

This should not need security access.

Set Oil Temperature on all DIS Menus

[17] Instruments
Go to Long Coding
Byte 10, Bit 1. Display Oil Temperature
Tick Box

This should not need security access.
I did it exactly what you wrote but I couldn't save changes. Ecu asked me for security code :(

I did it exactly what you wrote but I couldn't save changes. Ecu asked me for security code :(
Thats a little strange. I have completed several codings within 17 - Instruments and have never been asked for a security code, in fact I don't know of a code for 17.

Try one of the following and see if you get the same happen:

Enable Pointer Test
[17] Instruments -> Coding -> Byte 1 ->CHANGE: Enable Bit 0

Disable seatbelt warning
[17] Instruments -> Long Coding -> Byte 0 ->CHANGE: Set bits 2-4 using combo box

You could also try with VCDS v14.10. You can have Both released and Beta versions installed at the same time with no issues.

Thats a little strange. I have completed several codings within 17 - Instruments and have never been asked for a security code, in fact I don't know of a code for 17.

Try one of the following and see if you get the same happen:

Enable Pointer Test
[17] Instruments -> Coding -> Byte 1 ->CHANGE: Enable Bit 0

Disable seatbelt warning
[17] Instruments -> Long Coding -> Byte 0 ->CHANGE: Set bits 2-4 using combo box

You could also try with VCDS v14.10. You can have Both released and Beta versions installed at the same time with no issues.
Thanks for advice. I will let you know...

Mine has this by default built in to the switch by default. You can push of pull softly or push / pull past the "click" point and then let go.

Hmmm, I wonder if I have a faulty switch?
The "click" point on mine either fully opens or fully closes the roof (slide)
I was looking for a single touch to tilt like you can on some other VAG models, rather than trying to guess the midpoint between tilting and sliding.

Hmmm, I wonder if I have a faulty switch?
The "click" point on mine either fully opens or fully closes the roof (slide)
I was looking for a single touch to tilt like you can on some other VAG models, rather than trying to guess the midpoint between tilting and sliding.
Forgive me if you already know this, just want to make sure:

Slide and Hold towards Back of car = Open Roof.
Slide and Click towards Back of car = One touch full open.
Pull Down and Hold = Close roof (from any position).
Pull Down and Click = One touch full close (from and position).
Push Up and Hold = Tilt roof.
Push Up and Click = one touch tilt.

I say this as I had not idea there was a "One Touch" feature until I pressed harder than normal one day lol. You can also one touch tilt open from the full open position also and vice versa :)

Forgive me if you already know this, just want to make sure:

Slide and Hold towards Back of car = Open Roof.
Slide and Click towards Back of car = One touch full open.
Pull Down and Hold = Close roof (from any position).
Pull Down and Click = One touch full close (from and position).
Push Up and Hold = Tilt roof.
Push Up and Click = one touch tilt.

I say this as I had not idea there was a "One Touch" feature until I pressed harder than normal one day lol. You can also one touch tilt open from the full open position also and vice versa :)

Definitely sounds like my switch doesn't behave the same way as yours does!
Maybe I'll pop over to the Audi garage tomorrow, check out one in the showroom and if it's different I'll get mine replaced.
Thamks!

I am having trouble coding the car to beep on unlock and lock. Can anyone confirm the instructions? 99.99% i followed them from this thread but it just won't have it. Anyone else had issues with this?

I am having trouble coding the car to beep on unlock and lock. Can anyone confirm the instructions? 99.99% i followed them from this thread but it just won't have it. Anyone else had issues with this?
Have you ticked boxes in new mmi options under central locking?

@DJAlix thanks for your help! :thumbs up:

New switch fitted today, and I now have one-touch tilt!

If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have known there was anything at fault with mine.

Cheers!!! :beerchug:
Good news and wow you got that looked at fast! Happy I could help :)

Acoustic Beep on Lock
--------------------
[09] Central Electronics
Adaptation = Acknowledgement Signals - Akustische Rueckmeldung verriegeln
Change to Yes

Acoustic Beep on Unlock
--------------------
[09] Central Electronics
Adaptation = Acknowledgement Signals - Akustische Rueckmeldung entriegen
Change to Yes

Acoustic Lock MMI Menu (is not needed for the above to work but is nice to have)
--------------------
[09] Central Electronics
Adaptation = Acknowledgement Signals - Menuesteuerung akustische Rueckmeldung
CHANGE to Yes

For the MMI menu to show you might need to do the following after coding:

Close VCDS and Reset the MMI (Hold Menu + the Jog Wheel / OK buttons at the same time, then press the Top Right Selection button). Once Reset (takes approx 1 min and you loose no settings) Start the engine, wait for another min, turn off and check for MMI Menu in Car - Systems - Lock.

It seems that a number of people are having issues with activating these features at the moment for some strange reason, possibly on Late 2014 and 2015 cars, when using VCDS v14.10 and Beta 15.3. I had this done back in Feb 2014 using v12.12.3 without issue so am guessing something might have changed either in the cars or there is a bug in VCDS which we need to wait for RossTech to resolve.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I am putting together a sheet of all the 8V VCDS mods I can both test and code. Now that I finally have the time to focus on it I wanted to get some input / comments on the format I am using and was wondering if anyone here might have any thoughts...

Attached is what I am thinking of using for Adaptations.

Screen Shot 2015 04 17 at 191101

Reactions: Minion Bob!, Forbzeeee, Martinbanshee and 4 others
Video of my last mod (I know some people wont like it for sure)

Reactions: David83S3, veeeight and RYuill
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I am putting together a sheet of all the 8V VCDS mods I can both test and code. Now that I finally have the time to focus on it I wanted to get some input / comments on the format I am using and was wondering if anyone here might have any thoughts...

Attached is what I am thinking of using for Adaptations.

View attachment 56408
This looks pretty much like my notepad with the mods but inside a table.
If you need any help here whe are :D

This looks pretty much like my notepad with the mods but inside a table.
If you need any help here whe are :D
Only with typing all my notes up... some 32+ codings so far lol Should have enough done by bedtime in order to be able to post up a first draft. I would continue tomorrow but it's gonna be a Detailing and Rain & Light Sensor retrofit day :)

Ok here's one for you. How can I set my seat heating NOT to come back on after taking the keys out ? My issue is driving to work at 1 degree yesterday morning then driving home at 15 degrees in the evening not realising the seat heating is on until my backside is being toasted - the steering wheel obscures the button and heating indicator lights. The Seat Leon does not remember seat heating which is what I want to set it to - I've tried the Stemei coding but the adaptation channel is not there.

Any ideas ?

Ok here's one for you. How can I set my seat heating NOT to come back on after taking the keys out ? My issue is driving to work at 1 degree yesterday morning then driving home at 15 degrees in the evening not realising the seat heating is on until my backside is being toasted - the steering wheel obscures the button and heating indicator lights. The Seat Leon does not remember seat heating which is what I want to set it to - I've tried the Stemei coding but the adaptation channel is not there.

Any ideas ?

Not something I have thought to look at to be honest but am thinking to try and code it when I next get a chance. This is what I have been able to find notes wise:

Controller 08 - HVAC
10 - Adaptation
Choose 'Retention of passenger's seat heater level' or 'Retention of driver's seat heater level'

Possible new values:
Active = The setting it was on when the ignition was turned off will remain next time you start the car.
Active for 10 minutes = if you return to the car within 10 minutes the seat heater level will be retained.
Not Active = Setting is not remembered once Ignition is off.

Am not sure if the needed channels are indeed available as I have not completed any coding in the HVAC Module so far. Might need to look at the Long Coding.

Not something I have thought to look at to be honest but am thinking to try and code it when I next get a chance. This is what I have been able to find notes wise:

Controller 08 - HVAC
10 - Adaptation
Choose 'Retention of passenger's seat heater level' or 'Retention of driver's seat heater level'

Possible new values:
Active = The setting it was on when the ignition was turned off will remain next time you start the car.
Active for 10 minutes = if you return to the car within 10 minutes the seat heater level will be retained.
Not Active = Setting is not remembered once Ignition is off.

Am not sure if the needed channels are indeed available as I have not completed any coding in the HVAC Module so far. Might need to look at the Long Coding.

Thanks for your help with this. The channels above look like exactly what I need but are not available in the latest non beta version of VCDS - maybe I'll try the old faithful 12.12.0.

@DJAlix - This is a great idea!! I'm looking forward to your completed sheet of VCDS mods :)

Right, I'm going out to try and code my beep on lock, oil temp, ACC, and rear DRLs now. I bet I'll be back here with questions in the next... let's say... 30 mins.

@DJAlix - This is a great idea!! I'm looking forward to your completed sheet of VCDS mods :)

Right, I'm going out to try and code my beep on lock, oil temp, ACC, and rear DRLs now. I bet I'll be back here with questions in the next... let's say... 30 mins.
It's nearing completion :)

I can fire over my notes, which are not as refined as my sheet, if you need...

Last edited:
Oh just an FYI for anyone doing extended coding and testing sessions with VCDS, something I discovered last night, the following DTC / Error pops up if your car battery runs low:

1 Fault Found: 32928 - Function Restricted due to Insufficient Voltage

You also get a Electronic Parking Break Warning Light in the DIS and a message advising you to start the ignition lol

So my first attempt using VCDS 14.10 to change Oil Temp too show in the DIS, and Accoustic Beep on lock didn't work. After some help from @DJAlix, who advised a download of Beta 15.3.0, it worked perfectly :):)

I've also done rear DRLs and added some settings to the MMI.
Big shout out and thanks to @DJAlix. :applaus:

Reactions: Madmo and DJAlix