8P3 seats into an 8P1

Tempy

Reaction score
Hi All,

Apologies if this has been covered but I couldn't find the answer searching. I have some S Line seats from my (58 plate) 8P3 up for sale and a buyer has contacted me with an A3 on an 04 plate. Will 3 Door 8P3 seats fit into a 3 Door 8P1?

I know that older A3's had different seat designs. I don't want the guy to waste a trip down if they are no good for him.

Thanks.

Should be a straight fit, not a lot changed interior wise between the facelifts... mainly just shiny bits on switches. I'm not 100% the airbags will be straight forward, though that might be steering wheels I'm thinking of.

Thanks for the reply. How would the airbags be an issue? If he doesn't have them currently, couldn't he just fit my seats and leave the cable unconnected? The car would be none the wiser wouldn't it? or are you saying if he does have airbags, then the connector may be different?

They are a straight swap Paul, all the same from 8P1 to 8P3 so the buyer will have no problems and glad to here you may have sold them :)

Reactions: Tempy
They are a straight swap Paul, all the same from 8P1 to 8P3 so the buyer will have no problems and glad to here you may have sold them :)

Excellent news. Cheers mate. They are not out the door yet, but fingers crossed. I know my missus will be pleased to have the spare room back :thumbsup:

Did a bit of searching - it was the new steering wheel airbags I was thinking of, something about 1-stage or 2-stage. Seats are straight swap.

Reactions: Tempy
Did a bit of searching - it was the new steering wheel airbags I was thinking of, something about 1-stage or 2-stage. Seats are straight swap.

I appreciate your time mate. Thanks for looking.

Just curious Ash, why the dislike mate? Is it because you think I didn't search?

I did, I used your site:audi-sport.net tip and everything :)

Its Probably just an accident mate if your on an iPad or iPhone it's easily done, happens all the time lol

Yep, Ash is a top guy, can't imagine he did that intentionally.

Lol just checking. I'm sure people get sick of the same questions but I couldn't find anything.