1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8P Steering wheel Airbag.

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Vorshprungdork, May 30, 2013.

1. Vorshprungdork

Vorshprungdork Active Member

[May 30, 2013]
    Has anyone seen one of these that has deployed? Square centred S-Line wheel from 2005, should have said. I am wondering what piece of trim comes out of the centre or does it rip the centre and bag comes out through the tear?
    Basically I was thinking of vinyl wrapping the centre bit behind the 4 rings badge, never seen it done before which maybe means it's not a good idea but it looks like it comes out as one piece as there's a tiny gap at the edges, so if I am careful not to seal this up, it shouldn't interfere with the operation. On the other hand if it rips a hole in the middle, probably best not to touch it, anyone know?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[May 30, 2013]
    It tends to split across the middle, I cant imagine a wrap would hold that powerful explosion back, your risk of course.

[​IMG]
  4. Vorshprungdork

Vorshprungdork Active Member

[May 30, 2013]
    Cheers for that, think it would be unwise to muck about with safety isues, need to think again.