1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8P sportback Ipod Connection options plus sub replacement

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by quadra, Dec 8, 2008.

1. quadra

quadra New Member

[Dec 8, 2008]
    This is my first post on here, but here goes. I have just aquired an 2006 A3 Sportback S-Line with Bose upgrade. There are two things I would like to do to it.

Firstly I would like to know what options I have for fitting an ipod. The headunit is , I believe a Concert unit single DIN cd player. I would like to connect my Ipod (4th Gen Nano) to the unit and I think I can do it via the CD changer input, is this correct? Ebay throws up some options, one of which is a genuine Audi lead but it seems expensive in comparison to some of the other options.

The second upgrade i want to do is replace the Bose sub. I have already built a fairly small 10 inch sub box, but what I would like to do is utilise the Bose Sub wiring to provide the input to my separate amp. Is this possible and does the Bose sub amp use RCA inputs.

Cheers Mike
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 27, 2014]

3. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Dec 9, 2008]
    In connection with the iPod interface, I have just had one fitted to my A3. I purchased the interface kit from Audi (£85.00) and had my dealer fit it for me (£62.00). It connects to my Symphony II+ unit with the lead ending in a standard iPod connector routed into the glovebox.

I have a 3rd generation iPod Nano and it works fine. I have also tried my wife's 2nd generation Nano and that's fine as well. The playlists become CDs on the Symphony and all the contols on the Symphony work in the same way as a normal CD. The playlist/CD and the track number are also displayed in the DIS.
  4. dunk

dunk Member

[Dec 9, 2008]
    the line outputs of the head unit go to the bose sub in the right rear boot side, via a large audi specific connector - the output of this amp is the bose equalized power that goes via speaker wires straight to the sub on the left

i dont think taking the bose amp output would be a good idea - not level output and no control of crossover etc

you could tap in to the line output feed where it goes into the bose amp - you would simply have to bare the 4 wires and solder or clip on a connector for left and rear feed and ground, then you could run these line level outputs into your new sub/crossover/amp combination.