1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8P dampers - differences between models/part numbers?

munchkincoupe Oct 31, 2010

1. munchkincoupe

munchkincoupe Member

Can you tell me if there are different dampers fitted to the 8P A3 model variants please along with their part numbers

Mainly looking at fitting a set of OEM dampers from an A3 2.0tdi 3 dr S-line to my 3 dr 2.0tdi Sport when I fit lowering springs

Thanks for your time

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  2. stoke_audi

stoke_audi Active Member

Hi

yes there a quite a number of dampers depending on model, suspension and weight

Dave

3. Jonay

Jonay Member

(apologies for the thread dig)

What would be the cost for a full set of A3 3dr S-Line 2.0TDi Quattro be?

4. stoke_audi

stoke_audi Active Member

Hi Jonay

would be great if you could get an s-line reg number so i can cross reference.
    shocks are not as easy as other parts to do

Dave

5. Ads

Ads License to drive

Hi,

Can you confirm that if you have two A3s, both with the same engine/FWD/gearbox/age/etc.. but one is a Sport and one is an S-line, will the dampers be the same??

I'm keep hearing conflicting reports.

Thanks.

6. plezz

plezz Member

I'm trying to find this out too! I've got a 2010 SE sportback 1.6 TDI FWD and wondered if the SE dampers are the same as the sport and s-line dampers. I want to just upgrade the springs to either sport, or something as low as s line but with more comfort - but don't want to kill my dampers.

7. stoke_audi

stoke_audi Active Member

Hi

honestly i wouldnt say that they would be the same springs and shocks,
    the actuall only way to tell is by chassis number as for 2007 A3 there is 6 different front suspension set ups and that is only quattro models

Dave

8. plezz

plezz Member

Hi Dave, sorry did you aim that at me or Ads?