1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8P A3 Front Park Lights

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Angry Beaver, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Angry Beaver

Angry Beaver New Member

Anyone know the secret to removing the front parklights?
    I've read the book and know how but my fingers need to be an inch longer and be double jointed.
    After trying to force my fingers in there , cutting myself and bleeding all over the engine bay I gave up.
    Glad I don't have to work on these cars for a living[​IMG]
  2. MarcQuinlivan

MarcQuinlivan Active Member

from what I remember you have to squeeze your hand in and jiggle it a bit (ooh-er missus!!)

Dave R (H5DJR) should be able to assist with the page from the Workshop manual.
  3. Angry Beaver

Angry Beaver New Member

Tried that
    That's how I ended up bleeding
    Can just touch the holder but not enough to turn it...bloody stupid design IMHO
  4. MarcQuinlivan

MarcQuinlivan Active Member

maybe try getting one of the local kids with small hands and skinny arms to give it a go!
  5. tmint

tmint Member

do you mean the headlight unit? i just unbolted the whole unit to change the bulbs, three torx screws usualy
  6. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

The only trouble is that the workshop manual tells you to remove all sorts of componets from under the bonnet to give better access.

I've personally never had to change a parking light bulb but I have in the past changed both the main and dip bulbs on the halogen headlamps. Yes it's a bit of a squeeze.