1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8P 2.0TDI Sport Weird Vibration?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by MONKIEE, Jul 27, 2010.

1. MONKIEE

MONKIEE Member

My 2.0 TDI has developed a squeak and vibration when ticking over? The crazy thing is this disappears when I switch on the heated rear window????????? Or the heating??????

I have looked for loose components in the engine bay but I have found nothing! This is a horrible sound, you know, the one that really annoys you.

I had someone look at it and their diagnosis was that the alternator pre-tensioner needed replacement, so I purchase one from the stealers, had it fitted, still the same!

Any help advice would be great, Thanks in advance.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jameshughes1974

Did you change the belt at the same time?
    I convinced myself once that I needed a new pully on my A4 I stopped when I got the price of one and thought I will change the belt- which cured it instantly.
    Spray wd40 carefuly on the inside of the belt when its running - if this cures its probably the belt
    Also it could be you aircon compressor clutch squealing whilst not engaged to the compressor - just wondering if turning the rear window heat auto turns the aircon on - hence curing it

4. MONKIEE

MONKIEE Member

I did not change the belt! i suppose i may as well give it a go as i have already had my pants pulled down from the stealers!!!!

I tried the WD40 and it seemed to help, so a new belt it is!

The crazy thing is if i switch on any of the following the Vibration stops and the engine sounds nice: Headlights, aircon, heated rear window.

5. tdi-man

tdi-man Well-Known Member

mine did the same ended up being the fuel pump...