1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8P 1.9 Tdi Sport fan fault?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by chris c, Apr 11, 2013.

1. chris c

chris c New Member

Hello guys

My 2004 A3 1.9 Tdi Sport has developed a fault

The smaller radiator fan wont turn off, even with the key removed from the car and sat for a hour or so after driving?, ive removed a fuse ( number 8) but the fan keeps going?

What can i do?

Thanks
    Chris
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  2. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets

capacitor in the fanblade goes its a common fault you can change the fans or there might be a repair kit on ebay
  3. chris c

chris c New Member

Thanks

Do you know if its safe to just unplug the fan at the connector until i can afford the replacement, providing i keep a eye on the temperature guage?
  4. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets

in my case when one went on my old old 1.6 i actually had no battery issues leaving it going but then it wasnt spinning all that fast you could always unplug it overnight but i wouldn't recommend running without it personally i wouldnt do it
  5. chris c

chris c New Member

Ok, ive ordered a new fan pack set from Audi with some discount! that should arrive tomorrow.

I will be replacing this myself, is it best to drop the old fan pack out and remove the airbox and try lift it out?
  6. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets

i stripped the front end off if im being honest its not the best for access someone else may say different but as i didnt attempt it this way i cant comment