1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8P 1.9 Tdi Sport fan fault?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by chris c, Apr 11, 2013.

1. chris c

chris c New Member

Hello guys

My 2004 A3 1.9 Tdi Sport has developed a fault

The smaller radiator fan wont turn off, even with the key removed from the car and sat for a hour or so after driving?, ive removed a fuse ( number 8) but the fan keeps going?

What can i do?

Thanks
    Chris

#1 chris c, Apr 11, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets
    VCDS Map User

capacitor in the fanblade goes its a common fault you can change the fans or there might be a repair kit on ebay

4. chris c

chris c New Member

Thanks

Do you know if its safe to just unplug the fan at the connector until i can afford the replacement, providing i keep a eye on the temperature guage?

5. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets
    VCDS Map User

in my case when one went on my old old 1.6 i actually had no battery issues leaving it going but then it wasnt spinning all that fast you could always unplug it overnight but i wouldn't recommend running without it personally i wouldnt do it

6. chris c

chris c New Member

Ok, ive ordered a new fan pack set from Audi with some discount! that should arrive tomorrow.

I will be replacing this myself, is it best to drop the old fan pack out and remove the airbox and try lift it out?

7. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets
    VCDS Map User

i stripped the front end off if im being honest its not the best for access someone else may say different but as i didnt attempt it this way i cant comment