1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8L S3 parking sensors

Routledge Aug 6, 2013

1. Routledge

Routledge Wind Deflector Trend-setter

Just thought I'd share my weekend activities.

Got given a set of parking sensors so thought I'd fit them. They were black so I had to sand them down and paint them the same colour as the car.

Came out alright, and have already found them useful when manoeuvring near low walls and bollards.

[​IMG]

It just has a speaker that I've stuck to the top of the sub in the boot - Linked the feed up to the reverse light so they're only on when in reverse.

Anyone else done this 'mod'?

2. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

No, but mine came as fitted with them, absolutely love them, helps as the s3 has a large arse and can catch you out.

3. Routledge

Ah, I didn't realise that they were a stock option!

I've just Google'd them and can see that they appear to be in the lower insert when factory fitted, but the insert appears to be raised rather than indented on the standard guise.

4. david7m

david7m Active Member

How do you calibrate them?
    Dave

5. Routledge

They come labelled A-D and have a corresponding socket in the box. There was no calibration required, so it would appear they come pre-configured to alert to set distances.

I just applied them to a surface that was relatively horizontal-facing to prevent either a) not picking up objects and b) not picking up the floor.

6. david7m

david7m Active Member

They look oe to me, would need a keen eye or side by side comparison to spot they not from factory!
    Dave

7. [Dave B]

[Dave B] Daddy

They're factory fitted on the ar5e of mine:

[​IMG]

....but I never noticed the insert was different to S3's without it factory fitted, every day's a school day n'all that!

8. Gops

Gops Badger 5 Edition VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Audi S3

I want parking sensors :(

9. s3mad_dude

s3mad_dude Noggies ruuuule!

Nah....save the weight! ;-) Its not like we're parking juggernauts!

10. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Unless you're a woman :)