8L S3 BAM Brake warning, ESP, ABS and Battery warning light after hard acceleration

Mi7rennie

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I was driving into work this morning, just thinking to myself; "The S3 is going well, not been to the parts department for months" so I give it some right boot off the last roundabout before my work and the dash lights up like a christmas tree!

The flashing brake warning sign is on as is the ABS and ESP lights, the battery light came on initially and then went dim.

I just drove the last half mile to work gingerly and parked up, haven't had time to investigate it yet, but I wondered if anyone else has ever had a similar issue?

Any advise on fault finding or what it could be?

Mike

Last edited:
Check for fault codes in the first instance... if there are warning lights there will be fault codes logged...

<tuffty/>

Ok,

I'll get it on VagCOM tonight and see what comes up...

So, I managed to drive home last night after work, all the warning lights have gone out except the battery/battery light (the red one). I suspect a failed alternator.

The yellow battery light started flashing near the end of my ten mile drive with no lights, heater, radio.

I tested the battery voltage and it was 12V, when idling it was 12.6V; would a healthy alternator not usually be between 13 and 14V?

I've not had a chance to log the fault codes as the pc is on the blink too. should get logs on Friday hopefully.

alternator replaced today and that has fixed the issue.

Think mine is 14.4 at the battery with my alternator. If yours was 12.x then it must have been just enough to charge the battery and nothing more.