8L 20v turbo project

spencerdale

Reaction score
hi, ive had my a3 a couple of weeks now, so far i have fitted hid's,pipercross induction kit, forge dv and forge coolant pipes, i have just orderd my fmic, next week its being sent to power flow exhausts for a decat back exhaust. im not sure where to take it to get mapped tho, im thinking about goin to mrc at banbury,

at the end of the year i will be getting my k03s converted to hybrid, along with lcr injectors,fuel rail and fuel pump and a 3"maf,
let me know what you think. all coments welcome.

R-Tech are getting good reviews mate, they'll do you a good map for your KO3S as it stands if you want to map it before going hybrid.

They're in Hinckley so not a million miles away from you and also come out to do it at your home address etc. People who have spoken to them from here have nothing but praise for them....good prices too :)

I have done several k03/4 hybrids..
you wont need the fuel pump tho.. and keep it on 3bar reggy
PM me if you want more info

ill look them up and give them a call, does any1 know if i can get a rear valance with the cut out for the exhaust as i dont want it to be cut out? also what break set up should i run?
cheers, dale

ill look them up and give them a call, does any1 know if i can get a rear valance with the cut out for the exhaust as i dont want it to be cut out? also what break set up should i run?
cheers, dale

I had a good hunt about to try and find one but I couldnt. I had to get a little bit trimmed out of my bumper as I didnt like the exhausts that hang down underneath.

...also what break set up should i run?...

Brakes - Ferodo DS2500 front pads and grooved discs should be enough.

As mentioned, DS2500's but if you are planning on fitting a hybrid K03 then I would look to get a 312mm conversion done... change the carriers of yours to S3/TT ones and get some 312mm S3 discs... Plenty of threads on here with info about it :)

<tuffty/>

Also wouldnt it be better to go turbo back? As youll be left with the standard downpipe which will hold back a bit of power when you go hybrid as its very restrictive.. Also is your induction kit heat sheilded. Is it quattro ? If not that's going to be a beast !!!

yeah im goin turbo back fully de-catted, it hasn't got a heat sheild but ill be getting a sheild for it, its a fwd facelift....
ill have a look at getting an s3 set up. i noticed an a3 with the valance cut out and looked good so im sure powerflow have done it before so it should b a neat and tidy job.

Oh right yer was going to say!. Ahh nice thatll be crazy once moving. you thought about a differential to get the power down better at all? They aint cheap though thats what puts people off. Yer bes getting it sheilded otherwise youll just be sucking in hot air.