800BHP performance car parts? Anyone?

bootneck_max

Reaction score
I've just been looking at a few bits that 800bhp performance car parts sell. In specific the CAI. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this company? They have a CAI for sale for around £65. Which seems very cheap? It's chrome, which isn't really to my taste, but with a Matte black spray, could be a bargain?

Cheers

no experience with them. Looking at the kit looks like you'll have a permanent engine light on for the MAF sensor. Looks very poorly designed piece of kit with no technical know how other than it may fit. You might aswel donate your £65 to a charity if you got money to waste

I'm guessing this is for the TFSi?

If so,the CAI I saw on their site does look a bit on the cheap side,but may be adequate.

What sort of gains or mapping did you have in mind?

Looking through the rest of that site,everything does look amazingly cheap,and covers everything from breathalysers(yes,breathalysers!) to a lot of stuff they don't stock such as Ohlins.

I've already got a stage1 map from amd and miltek cat back. (Down pipe and sports cat on the way). So looking at finishing it off with a CAI. Was more curious about 800bhp's kit then anything! More likely gonna go for the AMD CAI .

I've already got a stage1 map from amd and miltek cat back. (Down pipe and sports cat on the way). So looking at finishing it off with a CAI. Was more curious about 800bhp's kit then anything! More likely gonna go for the AMD CAI .

Personally,I'd stick with AMD(and I obviously have!).

You're getting known quality,and a reasonable price,for a good CAI,as opposed to paying relative peanuts,and getting an unknown.

Reactions: Fanboy