1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

80/A4 compatabilty?

Discussion in 'Classic Audi Forum' started by Cav80, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Cav80

Cav80 New Member

[Oct 30, 2011]
    Morning all, have a 1993 80 estate and would like to update the tired interior. Would the front and back seats from an A4 Avant fit without too much trouble, or even drop straight in?
    Ideally I'd like to drop black leather seats in, that way if the doorcards are different I could use the existing black (cloth) ones and it shouldn't look too bad.
    Sport type seats are not much good I'm afraid as I have back problems and find them uncomfortable.

Also I'm after a cat bypass pipe, are they available from stock somewhere or would I need to get one fabricated?

Sorry for the questions, I'd just like to improve the car a bit!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 28, 2014]

3. murran

murran Active Member

[Nov 18, 2011]
    is the 80 petrol or diesel? either way you can cut the cat out and make a pipe very easily.

seats i dunno. but i dont think you can straight swap to an a4. competely different car in every way.
  4. warren_S5

warren_S5 Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Nov 19, 2011]
    Not sure whether the subframes on the seats will be compatible. Later cars will have more complex wiring looms for electrics such as side air bags, lumbar, so there are quite a few considerations. Only way to find out is to check some dimensions (of runners and the width between them), or look on a site that specifically sells seats (like Recaro), and see if the same seats that fit your car are compatible.

As for cat bypass, if you live in the North your well catered for as Milltek, Blueflame and Pipewerx are all up there are can prefabricate you one if such a think doesn't exist. As it's just a straight pipe replacement it shouldn't be to expensive, but be mindful they probably only manufacture in steel. Not sure if you could get a mild steel one from GSF or Euro Car Parts.