76mm cold side piping?

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Im off next week and looking for things todo on the car and thought about doing the cold side of the IC piping in 76mm.

Im running the welly cooler with a 76-63mm elbow, then 63mm upto the MAP sensor then the pipework splits into a 63mm elbow into a 63mm t piece(with a 35mm bov) then into a 63-76mm elbow onto the v6 TB.

Now would running 76mm from the cooler to the TB be of benefit and see any gains? My only concern would be extra lag?

Whats you thoughts?

Yeah stock turbo bill but will be getting changed over in the next year or 2 after the blocks been rebuilt. No the TB is a v6 one of the gold 4 motion, i think its 74mm OD and 70mm ID but the 76mm silicone fits nice and tight with a jcs clip on it.

So any thoughts guys? Also been thinking about running 76mm for the bot side, going from the charge pipe to the intercooler? Any reason why this would affect performance or is it win win?

I really cant make my mind up, im like a kid in a sweet shop looking at turbos lol, im looking for around 400bhp but something that will spool fairly quickly too, also weighing up going either 1.9 or 2.0, think itll be 1.9 though to keep costing down.