1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

70k Service

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by DaveA3-TDI, Nov 6, 2009.

1. DaveA3-TDI

DaveA3-TDI Member

[Nov 6, 2009]
    I have an 04 A3 2.0 TDi which will be coming up to 70,000 miles soon and I am wondering whether to get it serviced at an independent or just service the car myself ? I have already changed the pollen filter and the air filter in the last few thousand miles so I was wondering if someone could tell me what else would be done on a 70,000 mile service ?
    Cambelt was done at 60,000 miles and so was the brake fluid change. Should I just change the oil and filter and fuel filter ?
    How would I reset the service indicator ?
    thanks in advance
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 20, 2014]

3. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Nov 6, 2009]
    You can reset the service indicator with VCDS. It's all down to personal choice TBH. It's certainly cheaper to do it yourself, especially as it's a basic service, but if you plan to sell it some people may be put off without a FASH.
  4. DaveA3-TDI

DaveA3-TDI Member

[Nov 6, 2009]
    thanks for the reply. So the 70k service is just a small one then ? Can anyone tell me what a dealer or independent would change/replace on this service please ?
  5. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Nov 6, 2009]
    I was just following your same assumption Dave. If the cam belt has been done and the brake fluid also there can't be much left Well not big stuff anyway. Have you got the service schedule?
  6. smudge_don

smudge_don Active Member

[Nov 6, 2009]
    Cambelt will need doing at 70k if it hasn't been done already, i would go to Audi tbh mate
  7. DaveA3-TDI

DaveA3-TDI Member

[Nov 6, 2009]
    Cambelt has already been done at 60k, should have the service schedule somewhere lol. I guess just oil & filter and fuel filter then. Is the sump drain plug a standard size or am I likely to need a special tool from audi to undo it ?
  8. smudge_don

smudge_don Active Member

[Nov 6, 2009]
    Ah that's cool then, why not take it to Audi and just comfirm with them what has been done? They will have it on their database