7 Plate Upgrade CVT Box adaption and software update

avantscott

Reaction score
Hi guys love the site. I have owned my 2003 Audi A6 Sport for just over a year now and love it. when i bought the car it needed the 7 plate upgrade pack.. did this with a mate of mine and it cured all judder problems and made it super smooth. The only problem i have is from cold on a winters morning it needs a little bit of heat through the box or its laggy. 3-5 mins depending on temp outside. It never does this over about 7C. i recently bought vcds and have run adaption on the box but as the weather has been nice i have not been able to tell if this has had the desired effect.? If this does not work can any one tell me where i can get the software to upgrade the the gearbox ecu. i have vcds as i said and would have no problem using it.. I cant bare another winter like last thats why i am asking now so there is plenty of time to get some info or even the software

Thanks for any info in advance :think:

thanks for your reply.. The correct fluid was used Audi genuine. i didnt have VCDS back then so no it was not done to audi specs but was filled run a little to warm up then opened and small amount dropped... do you think this is whats causing the issue as now i have VCDS i could warm it to correct temp and pull the drain plug.. i had forgot all about that i read it at the time of doing the job if its as simple as that i will be well happy thanks gen Heinz Guderian

quick update.. Used VCDS to read gearbox oil temp today.. Elsawin recommends between 35c - 45c (50c for hotter climates) we got the car on the ramps as they are dead level. We then ran the engine with vcds running and watched the temp clime to 45c. stopped the engine raised the car removed the small plastic cover over the under side of the gearbox opened inspection plug B(not the m16 security spline) but just the standard Alan key type.approximately 150 ml about a quarter of a pint of trans fluid dropped out.
I will be absolutely amazed if such a small amount of oil could cause the problems listed above but fingers crossed and hoping winter will not see me sat warming my cvt box for five minuets like a lemon every morning.. if this does not cure the problem i guess i am back to square one..