1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

61 plate headlights in my 56 plate A3

a3sline_nottingham Apr 19, 2012

1. Probably been asked many of times before.....so dont abuse me......can the headlights from a 61 plate (led DRLs) be put direct fit into my 56 plate A3 Sline

Also how much are they going to set me back

2. mjr901

mjr901 Guest

How deep are your pockets?

in a word , No? The shapes are different i believe, Bumpers are different, wings and bonnets probably need changing.

You might need to have headlight washers for MOT as its becoming a rule or something

Pre-facelift xenons is your option really, but may require some wiring in........

await a proper expert though as im really not 100%.

3. Lewbo

Lewbo Well-Known Member

100% will not fit, requires full new front end I have done this myself, you will be better of fitting pre-facelift bi-xenons instead a lot cheaper.

4. mjr901

mjr901 Guest

5. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets

also noteable im the only person that has done it properly on a 3 door and i still have a dash light that im looking into so far

6. anyone on here selling some replacement bulbs that arent yellow and wont cause any issues for my A3 (like wiper issues)

I hate my yellow headlamps at the moment - ill check later as im not sure if i have bi-xenons or not

7. Lewbo

Lewbo Well-Known Member

Not the only one, I have done the conversion myself on my old 3 door s line, that came with factory bi-xenons and the led drls were just plug and play with coding and I never got any errors and levellers and washers worked perfectly. What is the dash light you are getting?