1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

61 Plate A3 Black Edition Concert to RSN-E Help.

Discussion in 'Satellite Navigation' started by C2 DTN, Nov 24, 2011.

1. C2 DTN

C2 DTN 2015 S3 Sportback
    Team Brill Red VCDS Map User quattro Audi S3

Picked up my new A3 Black edition 2 weeks ago, and today I've picked up my new RSN-E (Wasn't willing to pay audi price to add it from new)

Ive had a good read through the forums, and from what i can see all i need to do is:

Swap pin 5 to 7 as i have BOSE

Get it coded with VAG-COM.

Is this right, seems very easy? will my iPod dock and BT phone prep still work? i also understand the aux in will die, is this correct?

Is there anyone in Leeds that could do the coding for me, in exchange for a few pints?

#1 C2 DTN, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. warren_S5

warren_S5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

It's a surprisingly easy job, the hardest part for me was whipping out the clocks to install the GPS module!

There's a VCDS owners map buried somewhere in our forum so have a look in that and PM any local members.

Best of luck and enjoy the nav!

4. C2 DTN

C2 DTN 2015 S3 Sportback
    Team Brill Red VCDS Map User quattro Audi S3

I've actually fitted it tonight, apart from a few little issues which will be fixed by the coding, i can't understand why moving the bose pin from 5 to 7 has stopped my iPod interface sending audio down the right channel, I'm only getting left.

pin 7 is AUX in (R), ipod isnt wired to AUX is it?