1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

61 Plate A3 Black Edition Concert to RSN-E Help.

Discussion in 'Satellite Navigation' started by A3 Craig, Nov 24, 2011.

1. A3 Craig

A3 Craig Member

Picked up my new A3 Black edition 2 weeks ago, and today I've picked up my new RSN-E (Wasn't willing to pay audi price to add it from new)

Ive had a good read through the forums, and from what i can see all i need to do is:

Swap pin 5 to 7 as i have BOSE

Get it coded with VAG-COM.

Is this right, seems very easy? will my iPod dock and BT phone prep still work? i also understand the aux in will die, is this correct?

Is there anyone in Leeds that could do the coding for me, in exchange for a few pints?
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  2. warren_S5

warren_S5 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

It's a surprisingly easy job, the hardest part for me was whipping out the clocks to install the GPS module!

There's a VCDS owners map buried somewhere in our forum so have a look in that and PM any local members.

Best of luck and enjoy the nav!
  3. A3 Craig

A3 Craig Member

I've actually fitted it tonight, apart from a few little issues which will be fixed by the coding, i can't understand why moving the bose pin from 5 to 7 has stopped my iPod interface sending audio down the right channel, I'm only getting left.

pin 7 is AUX in (R), ipod isnt wired to AUX is it?