61 plate A3 8p coming home lights

Jambo26

Reaction score
Hi guys,

my mate has the above car which has standard lights non autolights/wipers. i have read a few guides but got quite confused on these. he has the ABC under the dash but not upto E. i have tryed some coding in VCDS but i could not be 100% on the coding.
Any help would be great thanks.

Jamie

im in the same situation and would be really interested in your results , i have had mine activated via vcds but i have read that you need a repair wire for the older a3's , im not sure if it will be the same for the newer a3's

same fella. ive got the wire but its nothing like the older 8ps. hope someone will come along and tell us the answer.

I have been able to code the coming home lights on a 2009 model without the need of a wire. Once it had been coded correctly i was able to then turn on and off the feature through the dis. However the same has not been done for cars from 2010, looks like Audi changed something there and it now no longer works.
there is a fair bit of coding regarding the coming home on the newer electric modules which you could explore but I would recommend doing the whole auto lights pack.
If your interested pm me and I can let you know what it would cost you for the auto lights install

Where are you based Ash? Mine is a 2009 model and i'd like the feature.

Where are you based Ash? Mine is a 2009 model and i'd like the feature.

Near you if your username has any bearing on when you come from! (See under location under his photo in his posts)

Yeah I realised that, just wanted to know which town. I'll drop him a PM :sm4: