1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6 Cd changer...

Discussion in 'General Technical / How To' started by Honest_joe1, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Honest_joe1

Honest_joe1 New Member

Hey guys, just need a bit of advice.

Ive just got a 2006 Audi A4 Cab S-Line model, at the moment its got the standard Cd player in there, Just wonderin could i put i 6 Cd changer in..?
    Where does it go...? Wheres the best place to get one...?

Thanks Again.
  2. Honest_joe1

Honest_joe1 New Member

Anyone..?
  3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Yes you can add a changer, ebay is your best bet, not sure on the cabrio where it goes, but I'd go for a glovebox changer. Also check to ee if it's pre-wired for one. Pull the HU and see if there's a cable coming off the changer port. If it's blank then you'll need the cable as well (obviously).
  4. s8craig

s8craig Active Member

It goes in the glovebox, top right, a new glovebox is required with a slot for the CD changer, although you can sort of fit it on the shelf of the original glovebox. No cabling will be in place, so you will need a cable set.
  5. royjk

royjk Member

Hi
    It fits in the glove box & infact I have just taken mine out to have a dvd player fitted, so if your interested I have one for sale.
  6. Shez

Shez Sheridan

Hi,

I have had two cabriolets now and both have had the Symphony CD player which contains a 6 disc changer. The first had a radio tape and 6 CD changer all within a single double din unit. The second one in my 58 plate one is just a radio and 6 CD changer again all housed within a single double din unit. The gents are correct you can have a 6 CD changer in the top right hand side of the glove box which will involve changing you glove box and running a cable from your head unit. If you install a double din unit you can either have the Radio, tape and CD unit or just the radio and CD unit then both will accept either another CD changer in the glove box or an Ipod connection in the glove box. So that is either 12 CD's or 6 CD's and a number of thousand songs on you Ipod.
    Do you have a single or double din unit in your cabriolet? If you have a single din unit then you can get another cage and lower the aircon unit to create a double din space. If you already have a double din unit then it is a straight swap for the symphony unit, please note however if my memory serves me correct that the cabriolet unit is different from the other double din units, they may look the same but the cabriolet unit has tapered sides. The functionality is the same but the face plates are different for the A3s, a4s and a4 cabriolets.

[​IMG]
    Picture of current Audi symphony unit.

Hope this helps,

Sheridan