6.5" subs in rear doors?

rsbowling

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been toying with many ideas on how to improve the sound in my 05 a3 sportback. I was thinking of replacing the rear speakers with 2 6.5 subs, and then removing the boot sub and putting a amp to power the fronts and rears in its place. Would this work? And what would I need to get thus working? Want a stealth type install whatever route I decide to go down.
Im sure there are many pros and cons to this idea, any advice or guidance would be much appreciated.

its possible you could do this , but the subs will allways sound better in a sealed enclosure
with adaptors you could possibly fit jl audio 6w3 or dls 6.5" subs
my advice would be to swap over the box that currently holds the subwoofer for another enclosure the same size and shape but made from better materials then fit one of the above subs and a 4 channel amplifier
bridge 2 channels to power the subwoofer and then use the remianing two to power the front speakers
in time you could also upgrade the front speakers

Thanks for your advice. I think I am going to make my own stealth enclosure. Now im not totally clued up on amplifier wiring. What would I need to power a jl 6w04 sub, 75rms, and the 2 rear speakers. Thanks