59plate tfsi with alternator whine from appradio2

coolevilangel

Reaction score
God help me, im gonna throw the thing in the bin...
Serious alternator whine from the stereo ever since it was wired in.
Have have it out as many times, trying to connect & re-connect to see if anything different etc but to no avail.
Does anyone know how i can get rid of this noise?
At this rate the original is going back in and the appradio on fleabay!:notme:

when i bought my B7 tfsi the double din was broken so popped my pioneer double din satnav / dvd from my old car in and got a terrible low level buzz / humm that has now developed into engine speed related whine (a lot louder with lights on)

i removed the stereo, ran a new earth - nothing

earthed the stereo chassis to an existing earth point in the kick well - nothing

checked bose amp - earthed amp chassis - nothing

yesterday i took delivery of a boss 12v supressor and 2 RCA lead supressors to try and stop this noise, drives me around the twist!

if i get a chance at the weekend i'll hook them up and update.

if no luck i'll try a new alternator and refresh engine grounds, i'll try anything at this point

I didnt think this affected the newer cars but ive had this problem with two 8L a3s. At first i used a harness adaptor that used high level inputs throughout and due to poor ground of the amp there was the feedback issue. I solved this by using a harness lead that used a high to low level input, so basically u plug some rca's into the rear of whatever unit and the feedback was gone.

What leads are u both using?

i had to use a connects / connex car2 kit for £100, only one i could find for B7, uses rca outputs to connect to adaptor to run to bose amp

Digzz - i took delivery of two of these last night as well as a power source one. yet to fit it though....

IT WORKED!!!!

Thanks for the ebay link, got the two rca isolators this afternoon, a quick clip together and away it went
Over the moon now ive piece and quiet
A quick and very cheap fix
Thanks again