56 Plate TDI170 S-Tronic - Launch Control ?

Datastorm

Reaction score
Have a question regarding my 56 plate A3 2.0TDi 170 S-Tronic Audi.

I've had this car for 18mths, and I'm sure in the past I have used the launch control feature (as documented in the manual) successfully.

However, when a tried a little while ago I couldn't get it to engage properly.......

The car has just had it's 1st service and I mentioned it to dealership and they said they would check it out. When I picked the car up I was informed that my model didn't have the launch control feature, hence why it doesn't work.

Now............... either I was dreaming in the past that I had performed successful launches, or my dealership is telling me porky pies.

Can anybody confirm to me whether my Audi does this feature from the spec I've given ? Is there anyway to be 100% sure without plugging in a VAG-COM unit ?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

You engage Launch Control by Turning ESP off. Then putting S-Tronic into Sport. Hold Left foot firmly on brake and floor the accelerator. The revs should rise to around 2000. Release the brake and the car should fly off!
If this doesnt work you have a slight problem.
Let me know how u get on!

PTTM:arco:

This is a new one on me, Launch control, lol sounds like a shuttle take of

any 170TDI s-tronic will have launch control - mines slightly newer than yours march 07 (08MY) and it definately works on mine

PS also works in manual mode as well as sport mode (instructions don't tell you this!) and its so satisfying when you time the change form first to second perfectly as you get one continuous unintterupted surge of acceleration