56 Audi A3 2.0T. Rev needle bouncing back at high rpm HELP

Dean123fast

Reaction score
Right can anybody help pleasaeee!!! My cam was replaced a couple months back. All was fine perfect! Now when I accelerate at load the Rev needle bounces back on its self at about 5500 rpm almost like a govern affect??? Took it in connected the lap top and said no faults found? The car is still doing this... Anyone know what's going on? Is it fuel pump? I'm clueless any help
Would be much appreciated

You have little more info abouth your car? Is it tuned or stock? whay you changed cam? cam lobe wear?

You have little more info abouth your car? Is it tuned or stock? whay you changed cam? cam lobe wear?
Hi yeah car is stock. I purchased the car and a week later I had power issues.... Took it in and cam lobe and bucket tappet had big hole! Changed the bucket tappet problem solved for about week then problem back! Then they checked cam and it was gone! (Lobe) now it has all been replaced to the updated cam as there was a problem from the manufacturer when it was made with the old cam. Anyways now when I rev under load at about 5500 rpm the Rev needle throws itself back have no idea what to make of this. My mechanic plugged his lap top in found no faults he said sometimes when u turn the car off it might re set itself if it is an electronic problem? But yeah took him for a drive and yeah it didint do it when he was with me SIGH! But now it's back. What could it be?