55 REG Audi A3 Stereo Help

Legend7

Reaction score
i Guys,

I need help getting my new headunit working properly in my car i.e. amp, sub and all speakers

These are the wire from the audi concert

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

these came with the system
img00627201201121844.jpg

Shot at 2012-01-12

this is the back of the headunit
img00630201201121846.jpg

Shot at 2012-01-12

and these are attached to the headunit
img00631201201121846.jpg

Shot at 2012-01-12

The black antenna cable fits perfectly at the back of headunit, and the small brown and small black cables from the car fit the adaptors which came with the system. However I am not getting any power to the unit. Where do the yellow clip cable and long black cable from the car fit?

Last edited:
don't know if its the correct answer, but if its just power your after. Find an ignition switch live, and connect in to the power cable on back of head unit.

might do the trick.

pop in to halfrauds, you might just need an adapter, its been a wile since i messed around with stereos. But you might need an extra loom to sit in between the audi and the sony leads. Again someone might correct me, but possibly worth a pop in to halfords.

Your A3 doesn't have an switched live so you need to pair the yellow lead from the Sony to the red wire, then both feeds will be getting 12v all the time. This will mean you need to switch the HU on/off manually, or you need to wire in an ignition feed from the fuse box or waste £60 on a CANBUS emulator.
You will also need a PC9-404 adapter to take the rear RCA feed from the Sony to the black mini ISO on the Audi loom to feed the rear/sub amp otherwise only the front speakers will work. You will also need to fade to rear quite a bit to balance the increased power going to the fronts from the Sony to the feeble 2 x 20w from the rear amp.
You will also need an ISO antenna amp adapter to feed 12v to the aerial amp.
CT27AA05 Aerial/Antenna VAG Active ISO Adaptor

Do all Audi's with concert not have switched live, Also what does the yellow connector and the long black connector from the audi do?

No it doesn't have a switched live as it is controlled by the CANBUS.

When I wire in Bluetooth kits like the Parrot kit it needs two 12v sources, perm live and a Switched 12v ignition. I used the perm live from the KL-30 on the stereo (small black ISO plug I think) and I wired in a 5amp line from the switched live cable to the fusebox and pair it with the ACC live.

Long black connector is the CD Changer, Line-out and CAN-BUS info iirc.

Yes you still need the aerial adapter as this feeds 12v down the coax to power the aerial amplifier. The adapter that came with the Sony is purely a plug converter for vehicles equipped with the banana style plug
The yellow plug is the Fakra aerial, just ignore this

Andy could you please explain which is the rear RCA on the sony? is the ones labelled Rear Audio Out in the pictures

Right I have swapped the wires around and both yellows are connected with both red and ordered the adaptors needed.

However I am still not getting any power to the unit, any ideas?

was I just supposed to remove the red wire and add it spare slot in the yellow wire?

The red wire on the Sony stays where is is to pick the 12v permanent live from the Audi loom
The yellow wire from the Sony needs to connect to the red wire to give the Sony the two 12v feeds it needs in order to power up.
So you should have both yellow and red wires from the HU connected to the single red wire on the black plug
The Rear RCA's are the red & white plugs labelled "Rear Audio Out"
Then when you get the adapters you need to connect the blue flying leads from both the PC9-404 and the antenna adapter to the blue flying lead from the Sony labelled AMP REM

Hi,
I have used the PC9-404 adapter, but I am still not getting any sound from the rear speaker? any suggestion please.
(almost the same setup i have in these pictures, except that its kenwood)