52 plate Volvo S40 + light bulbs!

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Ok, so my old man owns one of these pieces of sh!t, it's a low mileage one with only 28k miles on it like all Volvo's have when they are owned by OAPs.

It's due an MOT in two days time, so he gives me a call to pick it up this evening, so I can get it done before the weekend. Now as my dad only ever uses the thing to drive into town and back, a 5 mile journey one way, he just hops in, fires it up, gets to destination, then switch off and get out, job done. But the stupid thing has all of it's sidelights and headlights on the moment you turn the ignition into position 2! I've never seen another car go through the amount of bulbs this car has gone through. Not one year have I got this car off him with all the bulbs working, but this year takes the biscuit!

Anyone who knows anything about S40's will know they have lights in the bumper corner called marker lights, so 3 of the 4 are blown when I picked it up! So doing some research online, these things have to be purchased in units, you can't change the frikin bulbs in them, talk about daylight robbery! They are around £20 a piece too! :sadlike:

I doubt very much they are an MOT faliure, so fingers crossed it should pass with them blown lol.

If it fails, I might just do my dad a favour and torch it, so he can get himself a proper car! :w00t:

/end of rant!

lol JoJo you are sooo funny! Your poor old dad drives what alot od oldies do, its that safety element they like lol!

Personally I hate volvos (sorry any owners!) and think you should trade it in for an older Audi lol! He wont know lol

the new c30 is ok in my eyes. used to have a s40 years ago as a company car and never had any probs with anything on it. i just looked like an older fart than i already do. lol

Just to update, the MOT tester failed the MOT on the non working marker lights, he was a young chap, and I questioned him whether it was a legal requirement to have them working, as no other car has these stupid lights?!

He actually had to go to his manager to ask for a second opinion, and they re-passed it with an advisory instead, how dodgy is that?

Anyways, my poor dad has another 12 months of torture, maybe I should torch it anyways! :idea: