512.0 BHP Build

No mine doesn't have a sports diff. with the thicker rear ARB you can get the back end out a bit if you provoke it. The upper strut brace does make a good difference to the steering feel and response. The thin piece of angle fitted by the factory can be twisted by hand.

Hi mate, we must be talking about 2 different cars lol. Imo no strut race or arb needed, at least on mine. I've had them on cars before and this doesn't need them imo

It's just had a new OE clutch and DMF. I'm taking a pass on the strut brace, thanks tho

Reactions: xpoweruk
I've got the cr-15 on mine, the difference it makes is extremely noticeable as others have said and 1 of the best mods you can do for the money. As for the arb, I have the sports diff on mine as well and don't feel any understeer what so ever even on track. It's a bit counter intuitive but the cars with sports diff come with the smallest rarb in the range, I've read that this is because the rear end would become a little too tail happy if stiffened up and cause it to drive more like a rear wheel drive car.
Ryan

That's the difference then, The way the sports diff works by torque vectoring allows the car to hold a tighter line and not suffer the same amount of understeer as a non sports diff car. Interesting that you still found a good difference with what is essentially a 1m piece of 25mm box tube.
That's what I made my cr-15 look alike from.

No strut braces needed here, point shoot, dynamic, smash throttle and it's tail happy :)

The more inserting thing for me today is a box if tricks that's I'm going to design and build using the mmi monitor the plan is to have a digi-dash type affair, boost, temps etc, all pulled from the Audi diagnostic set-up and stuck on the MMI screen.

Hopefully I can make it work with an Android box I have here, then that adds a whole extra dimension to it!

I haven't finished my research stage but I think it will just be one off for the project car to show case what can be done.

Reactions: Chop. and xpoweruk
OK I picket my route just need to build an app now, never done java before!

Detailer picked for the end of the build too.

Done my super charger flow map for the supply tonight it looks good!

Also deleted airbox flap map since it won't have an airbox kind makes sense, then there's a pressure loss map, hmm needs some thought that.

Sounds like your getting things together nicely

Reactions: John@ECM-TECH
Done my super charger flow map for the supply tonight it looks good!

Also deleted airbox flap map since it won't have an airbox kind makes sense, then there's a pressure loss map, hmm needs some thought that.

What software are you using to edit the map?

It's a pro tool it doesn't just open the read up and give you maps you need to find that or define/asm yourself.

Spent a lot of time writing maps using Cobb ATR and versatune on the Mazda platform.
I'd be pretty confident in writing a good map for my car

Spent a lot of time writing maps using Cobb ATR and versatune on the Mazda platform.
I'd be pretty confident in writing a good map for my car
They give you tht defs tho mate

Reactions: skiptowncat
That's the difference then, The way the sports diff works by torque vectoring allows the car to hold a tighter line and not suffer the same amount of understeer as a non sports diff car. Interesting that you still found a good difference with what is essentially a 1m piece of 25mm box tube.
That's what I made my cr-15 look alike from.

Custard! it must have tired bushes or shocks.

Reactions: John@ECM-TECH and xpoweruk
The sports diff really took me by surprise it's awesome in dynamic.

Something's not right as there is no flex at all on mine, suppose it can be relative but I'm not going to spent money on a brace if I think it doesn't need it.

No understeer at all on mine, in normal, slight oversteer happiness in dynamic.

But everyone perceives things differently I suppose. I'm more interested in getting the car built in the next two weeks the parts have been picked, 8 pots will help as it's that fast the stock brakes are just useless. Stock map they were plenty but add another 120 bhp or so and it's kind of out of spec lol.

You probably wouldn't see the benefit on your car as the sports diff is compensating for other shortcomings in the standard chassis. You don't feel the chassis flexing on the standard car but the difference in steering feel is quite marked in a positive way.
On the Q5 which is essentially the same chassis as the A4 they are fitted with a proper strut brace as standard .Item 27
http://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+q5/aq5/2011-647/8/805-805000/
The handling on your car is pretty sorted by the sounds of it.

Reactions: John@ECM-TECH and xpoweruk
It was hard to see when cornering at 180+ today up hill with camber lol

Diff was working something wrotten to keep me on line zero with oversteer, it just grabbed the line :) you coud feel it working like a FWD gripper lol but I was making serious progress on track.

Oh and the other day, I had one unhappy RS4 avant when I was pulling away from him lol quite easily two car lengths just planting it in 6th. Also obliterated another B8 S4 lol..

Last edited:
Reactions: Dippy, Chop. and xpoweruk
It likes the fuel though! Plus it needs coils definitely.

Reactions: Chop.
Anyone else managed to get there S4 flat out? 194 sooooo close dammit lol

Hahaa .not me but.somebody did 186 on the Autobahn IIRC

Where was that bud ? Must have been awsome !

Reactions: John@ECM-TECH
Where can u get the p3 gauge in the uk?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Ur a diamond. Juat building my knolage on the s4's because i plan on getting one in august. Any things i should look out for

15 plate RS4 destroyed today with my stage one, the dude wouldn't move over so inside it was, I glanced across and he was looking at the speedo in disbelief lol, made my morning as pulled past him easily lol.

Either they don't make spec HP or the map is rather good! Need to get it rr'd before stage 2/3

Last edited:
Reactions: Chop. and xpoweruk
Ur a diamond. Juat building my knolage on the s4's because i plan on getting one in august. Any things i should look out for

BO stereo + diff + MT+ sports select == great car

Mapped well 60 is in low 3's top end approaches 200 mph stage 1. Brutal!

So would you choose manual over dsg?

Defo, I like MT cars plus the make more power mine pulls to 7.5k in 4th lol (140 and still 2 gears)

Rare I think though and the clutches are weak 40-50k seems their lifespan

Forge still delaying things, 3-4 weeks now, they've redesigned the S4 cooler.

Any update on this

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk