1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

51 plate S3 with accident damage ?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by brasiliangringo, Aug 25, 2012.

1. brasiliangringo

Per title, vehicle has a steeringwheel angel sensor fault code on VCDS and I also notice it having the OLD style steeringwheel / airbag insert. I though all 51 plates should have the newer style which suggests its been replaced at some point in the past ?

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

Hmm does it have new style S3 badges on the boot and bumper and 1 piece facelift headlights?

4. s3 Hoggy

s3 Hoggy Whats going on???

If you were to chuck some pics up im sure people would be able to spot what's wrong or right about it mate

5. Erf

Erf Member

Hmmmm...if it's a facelift it will have ESP. If you have a fault showing on VCDS for your steering wheel sensor, I would expect your ESP warning light to be on.

6. brasiliangringo

Yes to the new badges and 1 piece lights. It has the old style badge stamped on the steering wheel - rectangular one, same as old badges. I am now in no doubt that it has been replaced and i can only think of one likey reason : as it blew an airbag at some point and has been repaired with a 2nd wheel and airbag.

#5 brasiliangringo, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  7. brasiliangringo

That is correct, light is on. Its a faulty angle sensor or an incorrect one has been fitted (as the soft code is wrong). Anyway, thanks for replies.