1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5.25" component suggestions

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by Oranoco, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

I'm feeling a bit stupid as for the first time since doing car audio I have knackered a set of speakers. My Focal components are finished :keule:

Need to sort some replacements but not sure what to get. Found these which are possibles as well as some Kickers which I'll need to import from the USA.

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/3915.html

Any other suggestions? My music taste is varied but mainly rock/metal

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Bargain, I'd go for those Infinitys, or Rainbow 230slx's

4. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

Out of the infinitys or the Rainbows, i would take the Rainbows. The Infinitys tend to be a "brighter" sound than most.

5. Kunit

Kunit Member

I have kicker resolutions, don't know if you can still get them but i have never heard a better all round speaker. I listen to linkin park blink 182 etc through to pop and ance with a bit of old school rock in between.

6. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

Well I got the doors apart today and found a bad connection on teh drivers side so that's that one sorted and the passenger side mid bass driver seems to have failed as a result of a manufacturing issue. No crispyness to the voice coila nd not a trace of a burning smell or anything. Not happy as they were well over £100. :(

Brother lent me a Kicker 5.25 mid bass driver that he kept when a door seal failed and water ruined the other one. The Kicker sounds a lot better than the Focal which I'm quite surprised by. Will definately be looking at getting some Kickers, but need to check mounting depths