4WD System...........agen

Reaction score
Right... I've replaced the complete back end of the car which came off a mk4 golf and only done 14,000 miles. Still got to bleed the brakes, may have fecked the master cylinder as I didn't know about not to push the pedal down all the way until after I finished the rear.
Anyway this thread is mainly about the 4wd, its on axle stands, started it up, put it in gear but the ****** rear wheels still aren't working. First time I forgot to connect the wiring plug on the back of the diff, plugged it in but still no joy. Am I missing something here??

have you checked the fues ain't blown for the haldex system?

I fault the back wheels only spin when the front lose traction that's what the hadlex for

yer there was a thread on here a while ago, and im certain people came to the conclusion that the rear wouldnt spin when the cars on axle stands

Just had a thought while watching lee evans that when I forgot to connect the wiring plug on the back of the diff first time I started the car, when I plugged it back in I didn't turn the ignition off completely, so thought it may have needed to be turned off to reset itself or something. Started it up a minute ago and..............................it WWOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSS!!! :jump:
I have 4 wheel drive again :) I can also confirm that it will work on axle stands.

Just need to sort the blooming brakes out now. Does anyone know the correct order to do it in, I've found a number of ways. Is it MC, Proportioning valve, RR, RL, FR, FL or RR, RL, FR, FL, MC?

Last edited:
if all 4 wheels are off the floor then they should all spin 100%