400 mile in 3 days...so had to clean it

S32B

Reaction score
Picked the car up at 12.00 Wednesday, drove up to the lakes Thursday morning and came back home today filthy!!! (The car that is :p)

Called in at Halfords on the way back as I had decided to try the Farecla G3 Super Gloss Paste Wax, I must say I'm rather impressed with it.

Started with a snow foam/jet wash, then a hand wash with Autoglym bodywork shampoo conditioner, dried off with microfiber cloth, then put on a good coat of Autoglym super resin polish, finished off with the Farecla G3.

It was so easy to go on with the applicator they provide and then buff off when it went hazy. I think the results are great....the picture below don't do it justice (phone pics)! If you are thinking about trying it then do, I'm sure you'll be happy. If it rains tonight I'll add some beading pictures :)

As for mpg, I got 37.6 so I'm happy with that :) The car is awesome, even only pushing it up to 4000 RPM it's quick enough to scare the wife lol. Just having the power there on tap to pull out, boot it and overtake all within a couple of seconds is a great feeling. Dynamic mode on the little twisty roads is heaven and just makes you smile like a fool :) I did worry a little when I hit one bend that was more of a bend than I first thought :eek:.....but the quattro kept us safe ;)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    498.7 KB · Views: 306
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    461.2 KB · Views: 287
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    409.1 KB · Views: 277
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    395 KB · Views: 289
Reactions: nickatkinson, AndyB-S3 and Madmo
Thanks ;)

3 for 2 at the moment on all car cleaning gear, I got the polish and 2 x AG shampoo. The polish will last for ages, so it's not worth getting two of those.

Reactions: Madmo
@S32B car looks amazing. Glad your enjoying it. :) x

When are you guys going to stop using polish on your new cars, it's not needed unless there is some remedial work needed.

ALL POLISHES ARE ABRASIVE......................

You'll be giving it a quick once over with T Cut next?

Reactions: Dtwm1
When are you guys going to stop using polish on your new cars, it's not needed unless there is some remedial work needed.

So should we skip the Super resin polish (what I use) and just apply a layer of wax ? if so how often should I wax ?

super resin polish is the least abrasive, but advice is sound - only polish if you need to.

Reactions: Jassyo06

You'll be giving it a quick once over with T Cut next?
It had just done 400 mile with nothing on it, plus it had been locked up in a compound for about 11 weeks, so there were some marks on it that I wanted to get out before waxing it, hence why I used the SRP that I already had. Once the marks were gone I then used the wax.

I gave mine it's first clean yesterday, and was surprised how rough some of paint work was, (front and first quarter of side panels). But a going over with a bilt hamber medium clay bar sorted this. I also thought there was a couple of paint imperfections (looked like bubbles in clear coat) but the clay sorted this to.

I then gave a once over with Carlack complete. I was going to give it a layer of long life sealant but it was getting dark and I had to get a Mother's Day card!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Madmo
Snow foamed & then washed the car today, as soon as I had finished drying it off the wind dropped and the rain started! :(

At least it gave me the chance to get a beading shot ;)

Beading

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
My neighbours think I'm mad, had one woman across the road ask me why I was taking a picture of the rain lmao :D

Exactly the same problem with me today mate. As soon as I had applied the sealant it started raining. Never mind, got a layer on it anyway.

Good work btw.

l have only washed my twice in the last 2 weeks,Snowfoam "Dirt busters" no "ultimate snowfoam" available online at the mo,but my car looks alright just now with just a good wash,but that aside S32B Glad your enjoying the car and SRP is really good,hides a lot of sins