1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

400+ bhp Hybrid Turbo tune

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev., Sep 17, 2013.

1. Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.

Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. Member Site Sponsor

Something we've been working on for a while, still a little more work to do.

The impressive thing for myself is the power band, it's huge with power being made right upto 7800rpm due to the uprated cams.

The car uses an HGP hybrid turbo (similar to Loba LO400) and custom injectors that flow around 40% more than standard. The injectors allow a nice safe AFR which means considerably lower EGT's than the majority of Stage 2+ setups which run quite lean with the injectors flat out.

HGP V7.jpg

Thanks, Rick
    martinivw and S3Alex like this.
  2. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral

This looks interesting Rick.

I'd be very keen to see how this all turns out....are you able to say what you've done to the injectors without giving too much away?
  3. S.

S. Active Member

very interesting rick!!!! and tempting :D
  4. RedDejavu

RedDejavu Active Member

What are the overall costs for this upgrade?
  5. phil76

phil76 Member

How would you test this further ? serious question as for top speed events etc you can never replicate been balls out for long periods of time on the dyno ?

As said this is a serious questions and not someone after an argument as a lot of cars get damaged on events where they are getting thrashed repeatedly for longish periods but on the dyno on drawn out run ups they look all safe and ok
  6. Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.

Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. Member Site Sponsor

Phil,

this car wasn't tuned on a Dyno :) My cars never are, apart from some N/A and race cars. This is done for the reasons you mention. If a car is to do top speed runs then it should be mapped in that enviroment. I hire Bruntingthorpe to do this, simply the best place to map a car.

Rick