1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4 TWEETERS?? CAN I??

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by phoenixv6quattro, Jun 4, 2010.

1. phoenixv6quattro

phoenixv6quattro staylowmovefast

Hello fellas. I have an A4 Avant with the standard system(non-Bose). I have removed the rear speakers and I am currently running an 8" Alpine Sub in the boot, an Alpine HU and some pioneer co-axial (with intergrated tweeters) up front with the factory tweeters removed. I was thinking about putting the single Audi tweeters back in. My question to you guys is if I am running 2 tweeters per side upfront/4 in total (2 single ones and the intergrated ones that sit on top of the pioneers) will it sound odd/rubbish, or will the sound be ok?

Many Thanks

Ollie:icon_thumright:
  2. Kev_M5KPL

Kev_M5KPL Member

if you are want 2 sets of tweeters i personally think that u cant beat the rockford fosgate p162's components..

But i would keep everything same make
  3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I definately wouldn't run the Nokia tweeters they are rubbish and the quality of the tweeter will dictate the perceived sound quality. Rubbish tweeters will sound harsh. For £100 just buy some proper components & flog the Pioneers. You can run 2 sets of tweeters in parallel, but you can also just disconnect the tweeter on the coaxial Pioneers, just snip the leg of the inline capacitor or desolder it completely.
  4. phoenixv6quattro

Thanks fellas!-The tweeters are actually from a 2006 a4. I have been told they are ok. Its no prob connecting them/fitting them, but just wana know if running 4 tweeters at the front is a good idea? - If its not like you say mate I can always cut the connction to the co=axial tweeter......So whatcha reckon?
  5. AndyMac

As said they are shyte buy some proper components. You have a decent HU and decent sub why compromise the quality using stock tweeters made by Nokia!
  6. phoenixv6quattro

Thanks Andy. However I do not have the $ at the moment to buy some Focal's or Rainbow's so for the moment what I have will have to mke do. SO (lol)......Will running the four tweeters for now be ok? I.e. It won't sound retarded due to there being four? Many thanks once again.
  7. AndyMac

No it'll be fine
  8. phoenixv6quattro

Many thanks Andy. Your a legend and a scholar.....

Ollie