1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4 sleeps to go!

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by ryanb741, Sep 10, 2013.

1. ryanb741

ryanb741 New Member

[Sep 10, 2013]
    So as luck would have it I got the call from the dealer saying my car is ready for pick up on Saturday, 4 weeks ahead of initial schedule.

She is a 1.2 A3 Sportback S line S Tronic in Daytona grey with sunroof, pre sense basic, assisted parking, sunroof, Bang and Olufsen speakers, comfort pack, interior lighting kit, hold assist, plus various other extras I can't remember as it was June when I ordered it.

Bought as a London runaround hence I went for the economical 1.2 engine.

Can't wait!!!! It's been a whole 17 years since I last drove a car!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. Daveotto

Daveotto Well-Known Member

[Sep 10, 2013]
    You could not have picked a better car to break the 17 year famine, sure you will be blown away by the changes in motoring since you last drove.
  4. snakehips

snakehips Active Member

[Sep 10, 2013]
    Indeed. Be aware that you don't need a man with a red flag walking in front of you anymore.
  5. Fragup

Fragup Member

[Sep 10, 2013]
    I think the A3 has moved on a bit in 17 years,
    especially the interiors, was curious so found what I think are 1996 A3 photos

A3 S lines are cracking cars I'm sure you will love it

Attached Files:

6. RossR

RossR Active Member

[Sep 10, 2013]
    17 years - Wow!

I think if I'd taken 17 years off driving I'd be pretty wary of getting behind the wheel again with such a nice shiny car, especially round London. I'd probably do a refresher course with a driving school. That said, I'm sure it'll come back to you very quickly and you'll love driving it. Just be warned, it'll make lesser cars feel crummy to drive!
  7. ryanb741

ryanb741 New Member

[Sep 10, 2013]
    Indeed I did 5 lessons with the BSM including a motorway session. All on an auto. What I did notice was how inordinately difficult it is to stay below 30 in an auto where you aren't controlling speed partly with gear changes.

London driving wasn't too bad I thought - damned cyclists and anyone in a SUV were the main hazards! :)