1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4 channel amplifier

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by tracer, Dec 3, 2005.

1. tracer

tracer '96 a4 1.8 se

i have just bought and fitted a set of rainbow components (slx230s) after reading one of andymac's previous posts. it was a bit more fiddly than expected but after a few attempts at adapter rings and lots of sound deadining i am almost there. i have also run in new speaker, rca and power cables for an amp in the boot. not really the time of year for doing this, seeing as i don't have a garage, but it was good fun.

i want a 4 channel amp, so that i can have 2 channels now for components and later bridge the other two channels for a sub. i have a kenwood head unit so i am keen on this amp:-

unless anyone can recommend something better ..........??
  2. easytease

easytease cheesypeas

if your budget can streach a little wait for a genesis profile 4 to come on ebay. its not the most powerful amp around, but its one amazing amp in a little box
  3. tracer

tracer '96 a4 1.8 se

hi, yeah i looked at genesis, out of my price range for now, but yeah really nice. to be fair i'm pretty much set on getting the kenwood amp just thought i'd ask first. i don't think i'l get better for that price
  4. gizze

gizze Member

I have always used Genesiss speakers, but just started using Rainbow components, bloody good speakers.

Mine just fitted straight in, no adapters needed, 16cm versions.

Have a look on http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/index.php? under the classifieds as there is always Genesis amps on there, they are bloody good amps, I would try and find one within your budget used if possible.