4 Beeps from rear on start-up ??

Mikebabs1

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just recently my car has occasionally started to "beep" after starting the ignition. It doesn't happen every time I start it, but quite often. It's 4 consecutive electronic sounding high pitched beeps, that sounds as if it's coming from somewhere behind where I'm sat (in the drivers seat obviously).

When it first happened I thought one of the kids must have left one of those little hand-held LCD electronic game things in the back, as that's what it sounded like. But there's nothing there and as I said it happens fairly consistently about a second after after initially starting the engine.

Anyone have any ideas what this is? There's no message on the DIS or anything - baffling!

Thanks.

Mike

Low backup battery in alarm unit? IIRC, it's in the boot behind the RHS trim panel. Not sure if it's a sealed unit or not.

Aha!! :)

Great, thanks for that, sounds like it could well be. I'll see if I can get to it.

Cheers

Mike

i'm sure mine did it the other day....its like a high-pitched-not deep bleep....although i only think i got 3...

i thought it was my dad enabling the alarm on one of the other cars being a D1ck.........me dads a bit of a joker ya see. I'm gonna listen out for it and see if i hear it again.