1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4 Beeps from rear on start-up ??

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Mikebabs1, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Mikebabs1

Mikebabs1 Member

[Sep 4, 2007]
    Hi all,

Just recently my car has occasionally started to "beep" after starting the ignition. It doesn't happen every time I start it, but quite often. It's 4 consecutive electronic sounding high pitched beeps, that sounds as if it's coming from somewhere behind where I'm sat (in the drivers seat obviously).

When it first happened I thought one of the kids must have left one of those little hand-held LCD electronic game things in the back, as that's what it sounded like. But there's nothing there and as I said it happens fairly consistently about a second after after initially starting the engine.

Anyone have any ideas what this is? There's no message on the DIS or anything - baffling!

Thanks.

Mike
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. Macduff

Macduff Member

[Sep 4, 2007]
    Low backup battery in alarm unit? IIRC, it's in the boot behind the RHS trim panel. Not sure if it's a sealed unit or not.
  4. Mikebabs1

Mikebabs1 Member

[Sep 4, 2007]
    Aha!! :)

Great, thanks for that, sounds like it could well be. I'll see if I can get to it.

Cheers

Mike
  5. JGrant1285

JGrant1285 Sir Scouser Benitez

[Sep 6, 2007]
    i'm sure mine did it the other day....its like a high-pitched-not deep bleep....although i only think i got 3...

i thought it was my dad enabling the alarm on one of the other cars being a D1ck.........me dads a bit of a joker ya see. I'm gonna listen out for it and see if i hear it again.