1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3rd party warranties

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by smudge_don, Nov 30, 2009.

1. smudge_don

smudge_don Active Member

Recently found out that my car needs quite a bit of work doing to it, around the £1800 mark to get it all sorted :(

I was looking at 3rd party warranties last night, where you basically pay a yearly premium and they sort out the parts/labour for when you get stuff sorted on the car.

I was looking at www.warrantydirect.co.uk

It got me thinking, surely if people have taken their car into Audi and been told that they need hundreds of pounds worth of work doing, they would get this warranty and then stick it to them basically.

My quote came out at £370, so im saving effectively £1500......

Is there anything to stop me doing this? Just seems a bit too easy....

Only thing i can find is that i'll have to pay for half the parts as my car is over 100k miles :(

Anyone used them before or know how they work?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. FUNKYCLIFF

FUNKYCLIFF Member

I suspect there will be a clause where you cant claim within 30 days of the warranty being put in place or something like that and for safety sake you would be best going to another Audi garage afterwards because if they state they reported the work needed to you before you got the warranty you might be stuffed. I could be wrong :unsure:

4. smudge_don

smudge_don Active Member

I was thinking something like that, but i can't see anything in the T&C's

5. smudge_don

smudge_don Active Member

Just read through a policy that they sent me, can't claim in the first 90 days :|

Looks like i'll be driving carefully for the next few months, get it serviced by Audi and see how much i can stick to them :)