3M carbon fibre vinyl anyone used it

Leaky Lloyd

Reaction score
hi all,, like ive stated in previous threads, ive just got hold of a quattro rear vallence and the black insert sticker for it, but after wondering how to make it a little different to standard, i came across the 3M di-noc carbon fibre vinyl covering,
i reckon it would look sweet cut to size of the insert!!!
has anyone used it???
not only for bumpers like,, in general and if so,,is it as easy to work with and as plyable as they say?
cheers!

I think you need a Corsa/Saxo forum for this type of product info :laugh:

along with cup holder lights and stuff like that you mean?

type it in youtube and have a look mate,, nowt tacky about this stuff,, looks awsome and classy too,, got to be better than the peice of crappy black plastic on the bumper or chrome bits painted matt black!!!

Last edited:
incidently i have had both a corsa and a saxo,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and a nova too!:lmfao:

And a fiesta rs turbo and a renault 5 gt turbo,,, raider it was n'all!:lmfao:

nice collection, The fiesta was a good tunable motor with the 1.6, and the renaults where quick from memory. saw one the other day

the fi fi was a bit susceptable to rust,, specialy round the pet cap,
the raider was lowered,, so the standard body kit took too much hammer,
the saxo was like driving a go kart
the corsa, was,,,,,,errrrrm,, a ****** corsa,,had to go!
and believe it or not,, my favourite out of the whole lot,, was my little nova gte,, had to fit astra gte 16valve breaks to get the ****** to stop,, but it was a bangin little motor,, all you needed to work on it was a 10 and 12 mm ring spanner and a posidrve and you could basically strip the whole car!:o.k:

along with cup holder lights and stuff like that you mean?

type it in youtube and have a look mate,, nowt tacky about this stuff,, looks awsome and classy too,, got to be better than the peice of crappy black plastic on the bumper or chrome bits painted matt black!!!
Cup holder lights are OEM and what crappy black plastic on the bumper or chrome bits painted matt black do you mean ?

i mean the black insert on the rear of the s-line quattro mate,
and the chrome bits on the front bumper grill and bonnet grills,, ive noticed most people seem to paint these matt black,, for a stealthier look!
with regaurds to the carbon,, (especially the 3M di-noc textured carbon vinyl), the more i run over it,the cooler i think it will look,, so im gunna do it and ill post the pics on here!
this is the film i mean,
look on ebay, item number , 330433638650
check out the photo book on this item, and particualarly,, the lower vanlence inserts on the golf gti and the cupra
how cool does that look to the standard matt black???
it would seem that this idea is quite new to some,, and thats making me want to do it more,, ill have something on my baby no one ese has!
here,,, take a look at this link,,, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEQiQhm6n4g&feature=related
im not on about doing as much as this obviously,, but how trick would some parts look using this stuff,, IE, the chrome front grill surrounds on the bonnet and bumper!!!!
and maybe some internal parts,, again not too much,, but i think the door plastics on this mini look tricker after!
cant look any worse than matt black, sureley?

Last edited:
I've never used it, but I no someone who has to good effect. Personally I think the rear sticker on the GMBH bumper is too big to carry it off without looking tacky. IMO it can be used on small things like window trims, or the rear 3/4 triangle, and maybe (at a push) grille surrounds - but I'd not attempt anything more myself.

I don't think it's a new idea in honesty, just varying tastes.

new to some,, and to second what you say james,, im thinking the rear insert, and possibly the 2 chrome grills on the front at most matey,, like you say, you can go way over the top.. have you seen the lower valance on the silver golf gti on the ebay item,, im sorry but theres nowt tacky about that,, its pure class!!

Last edited:
Each to their own mate. It's ok but I'm not that overwhelmed personally!

DSCF0133.JPG

lovely stuff,,,not gunna turn yer motor into a show stopper but IMO it looks alot better than the bland black abs insert!
its a little bit like the white a4 avant with pink wheels someone posted,, should look wrong,, but somehow,, it looks alright!
i think it depends what sort of look your after too,, i want mine to look like its doing 200mph standing still,, the polaris grey rs 4's look awsome when cleened up, but the chrome bits dont go with the wheels,, they need blacking out, but most people seem to do it, so i want to brake the mould a bit!
the good news is ive got a spare bumper and indeed a spare insert sticker aswell so if it does look pants,, no harm done!
thanks for posting that mate,, great stuff!
lucypics001.jpg

Last edited:
I think there was a dude in the B5 forum who had used the 3M stuff, check out there as I seem to recall he has uploaded pics too.

i mean the black insert on the rear of the s-line quattro mate,
and the chrome bits on the front bumper grill and bonnet grills,, ive noticed most people seem to paint these matt black,, for a stealthier look!
with regaurds to the carbon,, (especially the 3M di-noc textured carbon vinyl), the more i run over it,the cooler i think it will look,, so im gunna do it and ill post the pics on here!
this is the film i mean,
look on ebay, item number , 330433638650
check out the photo book on this item, and particualarly,, the lower vanlence inserts on the golf gti and the cupra
how cool does that look to the standard matt black???
it would seem that this idea is quite new to some,, and thats making me want to do it more,, ill have something on my baby no one ese has!
here,,, take a look at this link,,, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEQiQhm6n4g&feature=related
im not on about doing as much as this obviously,, but how trick would some parts look using this stuff,, IE, the chrome front grill surrounds on the bonnet and bumper!!!!
and maybe some internal parts,, again not too much,, but i think the door plastics on this mini look tricker after!
cant look any worse than matt black, sureley?

I have a grill surround wrapped in carbon fibre sat in my garage somewhere,i was fitted but wasen't for me,i prefer the " crappy " black look, but then i suppose it matches the " crappy " cup holder,coin tray and heater roller lights ( which make the dash look complete rather than as if some bulbs have gone )

just dont think that "CRAPPY" black look will go with a silver car thats all,, it looks good on black or darker models,, come to think of it,, every other colour aswell,, except silver!!!
im the other way with lights,, dont like too many on a dash board,, id settle for the clocks and a stereo to be honest,, but its each to there own aint it!

Last edited: