1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3D R8

Discussion in 'R8 Forum' started by buckas, May 22, 2008.

1. buckas

buckas Member

[May 22, 2008]
    made this at work on and off over the past few months :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

drew
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 24, 2014]

3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[May 22, 2008]
    :hubbahubba:

Nice job! How did you go about making that? Is it from a kit? And whatever do you do for a job to get away with making that at work??!!
  4. buckas

buckas Member

[May 22, 2008]
    cheers dude .

made from scratch in modo, everything's modelled, poly count about 4.2 million - i'm a 3d artist making computer games, texturing with photoshop aswell, it was done for our showreel :sm4:

drew
  5. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[May 22, 2008]
    All Greek to me but looks good!
  6. Von Maximo

Von Maximo The Damned

[May 23, 2008]
    Great job Buckas! It definetely passes the squint test! (Squint and it looks real!)

Out of interest have you thought about drawing your own customised versions of vehicles like this? (Drop it, Chop it, custom paint it etc) If I had your skill I think it'd be something I'd be doing

Thanks for sharing and if you've anymore images, even if they're not Audi related would love to see them!
  7. rickparmar

rickparmar va va voom

[May 23, 2008]
    what software did you use mate,

3d studio max ?
  8. buckas

buckas Member

[May 27, 2008]
    thanks dude :sm4: i used to do a lot of custom cars in photoshop for max power/redline etc > http://buckas.deviantart.com/gallery/#_browse/digitalart/misc

some older 3d works ive done > http://buckas.deviantart.com/gallery/#_browse/digitalart/3d

think the r8 looks too good as standard to fiddle with, heh :)

more 3d stuff here > http://gw7.co.uk/environments.html - london eye + eiffel tower are my ones :sm4: only recently got back into making 3d cars ( the proper way)

up until now 3d studio max is all ive used and known, lots of games are done in it but it's really **** compared to this new program ive been learning, it's called Modo - http://www.luxology.com/ :sm4:

cheers all

drew
  9. fasteddie

fasteddie Member

[Sep 7, 2008]
    christ that's great,any chance of seeing the new Lotus Evora in aspen white would be appretiated. I've ordered one but haven't picked a colour yet, like to compare starlight black and aspen white!! If this is something you can do a post at evoraforum.com wouldn't go a miss!
  10. Edition30

Edition30 If in doubt, flat out.

[Oct 2, 2008]
    Good Job, is this software something I could learn myself...using tutorials/books etc?

I take it you can use Maya? Had a little project to do on my degree course which has now finished and im still not clear what I want to do in life :)

Im really interested in the design side of things but feel I need to learn more before I can attempt to get a job in this field.