380 bhp from a stage 2 ????

AARON77

Reaction score
Met a guy last nite and he claimed 380 bhp from a stage 2 map on his S3 8p
me being an 8l s3 owner with nos was very impressed???
Is this possible???
If so I want one soon

I think it's more long the lines of 360bhp.....that said depends whos rollers you use......approx £3k as you'll need a new uprated clutch to handle it as the OEM one is poo

sorry i was presuming it was stage 2+ when you quoted those figs :)

he must have been on Awesomes rollers haha

sorry i was presuming it was stage 2+ when you quoted those figs :)

he must have been on Awesomes rollers haha

Soooooooooo it's a no no then he said he hadn't spent much that he had just had stage 2 done on it
If you could get that from a stage 2 I'd be shopping for an 8p I think

Rolling Road dependant, results vary.

My local RR that everyone goes to, I got 337bhp from just a remap, panel filter and cat back exhaust. I laughed lol

Stage 1 = 310bhp ish
Stage 2 = 325-340bhp max
Stage 2+= 350-360bhp max

Haha alright Arun, that was me last night
Thankfully I can say mine was dyno'd on a dyno dynamics so the numbers should be pretty accurate.
I'll be at AMD in a couple weeks for comparison.
Oh and btw it's 360bhp and 385lbft lol

Well the real question is who won? :happy: :p

Thankfully I can say mine was dyno'd on a dyno dynamics so the numbers should be pretty accurate.

i hope your behaving tutut Paolo.

Paolo, keen to hear how the uprated pump internals will boost power... when will you be going for 2+?

Will be interesting to see what I get from a Revo map vs your Evolve map too. Need to get home, get my bits up from quattro, get the TBE welded and fitted, and see what gains I get pre-map first, then maybe head to Crail at the end of July for the map (at a £100 discount thanks to Wallace Performance).

Hello dude fawt u said 380 !!! it must have been your torque that was 380
Still ****** impressive dude
Nice car dude it looked the nuts :)

Hope to see u n Ryan at gti inters I know ash is going I think it's gonna be a bit special this year on the s3 front :)

well my guy hasnt got a map for stage 2+ yet, so will need to have chat with him and chat about some development work for it, but im a bit busy with bits and pieces now, doubt it will make much diff to the bhp, maybe 10 tops, but should fill out the torque nicely and boost that a bit which is what i want

the only problem is different RRs always read differently which is why im going to be making a trip to AMD as ive seen some stage 2 revo cars on there so i will have something to compare to from memory the stage 2 cars were making about 370-380 on their rollers, but no where near as much torque as mine is showing at the moment

yea make sure you get figs for before and after all mods so you can track whats happening and if you can on the same RR for a true comparison, which is why im going back to AMD as ive been there as well as my tuners... exciting times!

MMMmmmmm Im gonna have to have a go in one of you guys super 8ps one of you is gonna have to take me out in your car??? Pls

Reactions: Nenny98 and MartayMcFly
Hello dude fawt u said 380 !!! it must have been your torque that was 380
Still ****** impressive dude
Nice car dude it looked the nuts :)

haha no worries mate

yea its getting there, still got lots to do on it, just need more money lol

your car was looking sick as well, especially the 2 massive bottles of nos in the boot lol

Hope to see u n Ryan at gti inters I know ash is going I think it's gonna be a bit special this year on the s3 front :)

yea hoping i can make it, just need to try and get the day off work and ill be there, S3 all the way!

MMMmmmmm Im gonna have to have a go in one of you guys super 8ps one of you is gonna have to take me out in your car??? Pls

whenever you want mate, if i cant make it to inters can meet up and go for a drive some other time, just give me a shout

whenever you want mate, if i cant make it to inters can meet up and go for a drive some other time, just give me a shout

Cheers dude I'm liking you 8p drivers think I mite move into your forum
Wot bout having a meet at ace cafe on the 1st Tuesday of the month
Paulo I think u shud add some nos in there??? An instant 50 bhp should you need it
I'm gonna get my rods done and fit my 100 bhp jet it's as easy as that once you had the kit fitted you can just add more power
It's £8 for each jet you buy

haha we got a good bunch over here
sounds good, well rye, me and our mate phil (stage 2+ golf ED30) are planning a trip up there so can easily do the 1st, id just have to check with them to get it sorted
haha nos is a possibility, there are a few other things that i would want to do first, the suspension needs some attention, then when i want more power over stage 2+ ill go big turbo which should see 450-500, WMI and then ill look into nos as a finishing touch... i like the sound of 550-600bhp haha

600 bhp omg I'd love that
What's it like getting the **** end out on them 8ps power slides and drifts too
I can flick the **** end out on mine very easily in the dry but I really have to give it some to drift it
Oh the 1st Tuesday is Vag nite ace cafe

yea make sure you get figs for before and after all mods so you can track whats happening and if you can on the same RR for a true comparison, which is why im going back to AMD as ive been there as well as my tuners... exciting times!

Wallace up in Aberdeen are having a RR day on the 2nd, should I try and get my exhaust on before that and forget about a stock reading, or see about fitting it on that day and try and get on the rollers twice? They're gonna be at Crail on July 24th doing cheap remaps too, so hoping to get before and after runs down the strip there too, just depends if they'll be able to do a Stage 2 map quick enough (more to it that a simple ECU flash, right?). Hopefully be able to get back on their rollers after Stage 2 too for final comparison. Then need to get a clutch.

Lots planned, so little time to squeeze everything in. Times like these make me want an office job, so at least I know I'm free on the weekends.

600 bhp omg I'd love that
What's it like getting the **** end out on them 8ps power slides and drifts too
I can flick the **** end out on mine very easily in the dry but I really have to give it some to drift it
Oh the 1st Tuesday is Vag nite ace cafe

in the wet its easy, tho they tend to understeer a lot, hence the suspension tweaks and haldex controller are on the shopping list, on a damp road i can spin the wheels in a straight line on full boost right up to 3rd the dry is a lot harder as they have go so much grip!

ah cool, ill have a chat with them and see what can sort out

Wallace up in Aberdeen are having a RR day on the 2nd, should I try and get my exhaust on before that and forget about a stock reading, or see about fitting it on that day and try and get on the rollers twice? They're gonna be at Crail on July 24th doing cheap remaps too, so hoping to get before and after runs down the strip there too, just depends if they'll be able to do a Stage 2 map quick enough (more to it that a simple ECU flash, right?). Hopefully be able to get back on their rollers after Stage 2 too for final comparison. Then need to get a clutch.

Lots planned, so little time to squeeze everything in. Times like these make me want an office job, so at least I know I'm free on the weekends.

well stock readings arent that important, but interesting, if your running it on v-power it should make about 285ish mark give or take a bit, its just interesting to know your base line. it you can get it all fitted in one day then go for it, as the only time consuming bit is the TBE as thats about a 3 hour job a cai 30min tops, i can have mine off and back on in about 20

stage 2 software is just a reflash, its just a case of reading the oem map, tweaking it and uploading no more then an hour to do it really, its a very quick process

haha i know what you mean, atm im working 7days a week to help fund bits for the car.. all worth it tho!

Boys were going Inters and it's gonna be a serious day out!! I'm contemplating a hotel room the night before. But also wouldn't want to miss out on a convoy like this!! Hopefully my new clutch will be bedded in too!!

Also... the more of us, the merrier!!

Paolo, keen to hear how the uprated pump internals will boost power... when will you be going for 2+?

Will be interesting to see what I get from a Revo map vs your Evolve map too. Need to get home, get my bits up from quattro, get the TBE welded and fitted, and see what gains I get pre-map first, then maybe head to Crail at the end of July for the map (at a £100 discount thanks to Wallace Performance).

Dude.... Go to see Dave @ Motorwerks. They do custom Code maps and are the dogs tot. Dave has done a fair few custom stage2+ remaps and my stage2. Pulls like a train all the way through. I'm well impressed will be going to see him once I have enough pennies (and a new clutch) for my Stage2+

Either Dave or Scott got my wheels refurbed and tyred on my last S3, just wasn't sure about CustomCode. Looks like my ultimate plan to get on the Wallace rollers on the 2nd and then remapped down at Crail on the 24th have fallen through, I'll be offshore 1st until 31st. Damn. I might nip in and chat with Dave about what I can expect to see at Stage 2 and 2+, think I'll leave it until I'm back to get the pump bits fir + and a new clutch then get it all done at once. Might get them to fit my Milltek too, once I've sotted getting it delivered.

Last edited:
Either Dave or Scott got my wheels refurbed and tyred on my last S3, just wasn't sure about CustomCode. Looks like my ultimate plan to get on the Wallace rollers on the 2nd and then remapped down at Crail on the 24th have fallen through, I'll be offshore 1st until 31st. Damn. I might nip in and chat with Dave about what I can expect to see at Stage 2 and 2+, think I'll leave it until I'm back to get the pump bits fir + and a new clutch then get it all done at once. Might get them to fit my Milltek too, once I've sotted getting it delivered.

Good plan...... They get the guy Les from up at the VW garage to do all the bits (exhaust, Clutch etc) so its good work like. The stage 2 costs £420 and you should be getting between 325-345bhp and the stage2+ is similar cost and you get between 355-370bhp. Can't remember the torque figures but they are very impressive. I had the stage 2 and think it's magic. It is very fast now. the only pain is that the engine management light came on for the CAT which I'm sure they'll sort out for me.

28th June at the ace cafe, 6pm onwardfs - VAG watercooled meet - im up for it if any of you lot are. You can gun it under the arched near the cafe and it makes your car sound like a touring car!! plus u can get the **** out around the mini roundabout...:thumbsup:

ah but gti inters is on i see.....

Last edited:
Good plan...... They get the guy Les from up at the VW garage to do all the bits (exhaust, Clutch etc) so its good work like. The stage 2 costs £420 and you should be getting between 325-345bhp and the stage2+ is similar cost and you get between 355-370bhp. Can't remember the torque figures but they are very impressive. I had the stage 2 and think it's magic. It is very fast now. the only pain is that the engine management light came on for the CAT which I'm sure they'll sort out for me.

The CustomCode site says £550 +VAT, and 350bhp 340ft.lbs. I'll still go have a chat and see. Maybe they can throw in a clutch for cheap or something...

The CustomCode site says £550 +VAT, and 350bhp 340ft.lbs. I'll still go have a chat and see. Maybe they can throw in a clutch for cheap or something...

Worth talking to Dave to see what he says..... If you are getting other work done from him he will probably do a deal with you....

378 bhp and 356 lb of torque on AMD rollers on the same day Paulo was there. :arco:

Was a good day that James, I'm getting my car back on AMDs rollers on Sunday as can't make inters so will be good for a comparison!

28th June at the ace cafe, 6pm onwardfs - VAG watercooled meet - im up for it if any of you lot are. You can gun it under the arched near the cafe and it makes your car sound like a touring car!! plus u can get the **** out around the mini roundabout...:thumbsup:

ah but gti inters is on i see.....

I could be up for that denty as that's next Tuesday. Will see how things go, keep me informed if your planning on going.

Was indeed DD!!

You not coming to Inters on Saturday then? You could make it back to AMD in 90 mins from Brunters - no problems.

It's not an issue of getting places due to timing, I've got to work unfortunately, and as I've already asked my boss about having the day, pulling a sickie would be a bit obvious :(
Was looking forward to going but needs must and I have to work, so making up for it a little with the RR day to see what my cars putting out on a familiar RR

Cheers dude I'm liking you 8p drivers think I mite move into your forum
Wot bout having a meet at ace cafe on the 1st Tuesday of the month
Paulo I think u shud add some nos in there??? An instant 50 bhp should you need it
I'm gonna get my rods done and fit my 100 bhp jet it's as easy as that once you had the kit fitted you can just add more power
It's £8 for each jet you buy

NOS.....as always,you get what you pay for,and without doing the rods,pistons,and every other part required,you simply get a bent engine,but as you're getting the rods changed,you should be OK.

Most of the higher powered S3 8Ps are not using NOS,but there are a few using water/meth.